HAPPY CANADA DAY!! WOO HOO

Options
Good Morning

Just wishing all the Canadians out there a very Happy Canada Day.. what part of Canada are you in and how do you celebrate the day?

I live in Ottawa and usually head downtown to partake in all the festivities, music on the hill and later fireworks behind Parliament hill. The weather is perfect today. 26 and sunny

Have an awesome day one and all!!
:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Just wishing all the Canadians out there a very Happy Canada Day.. what part of Canada are you in and how do you celebrate the day?

I live in Ottawa and usually head downtown to partake in all the festivities, music on the hill and later fireworks behind Parliament hill. The weather is perfect today. 26 and sunny

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Happy Canada Day to all our friends north of the border! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Hey =o)
    Thanks! You too!
    We live in Nova Scotia in a small town and there is always a big celebration on Canada Day.
    We usually have BBQ's going on over there, lot's of craft/bake sales, a strawberry shortcake festival, a parade and then fireworks that night =o)))
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Happy Canada Day everyone! We live in Mississauga. I'm not Canadian but I live here and hub and obviously kids are Canadian so I get to celebrate both Canada day and the 4th for Independance Day. Just like I insist on 2 thanksgivings! More turkey for me :laugh: Today I think Im just gonna hang out with the kids , maybe hit the splash pad. BBQ tonight , and we have a huge field in our back yard where everyone comes to set off fireworks so it should be a nice show tonight. Hope everyone has a good day !
  • shar0124
    shar0124 Posts: 21
    Options
    Happy Canada Day everyone! We live in Mississauga. I'm not Canadian but I live here and hub and obviously kids are Canadian so I get to celebrate both Canada day and the 4th for Independance Day. Just like I insist on 2 thanksgivings! More turkey for me :laugh: Today I think Im just gonna hang out with the kids , maybe hit the splash pad. BBQ tonight , and we have a huge field in our back yard where everyone comes to set off fireworks so it should be a nice show tonight. Hope everyone has a good day !

Happy Canada Day!! to all my Canadian friends. I am a duel citizen (my husband is Canadian). We lived for 10 yrs. in Bolton - northwest suburb of Toronto. So Hi, Mississauga !! Since I was born U.S., my friends would celebrate a joint Canada Day and 4th of July to honor me too!! It was great. I love the Candian people. Would have stayed there forever, except my daughter went and had 2 of the most wonderful girls. I had to be a part of their lives on a daily basis. Toronto was too far from Florida to be an involved Grandma. But I really miss it.
  • Gabbi
    Gabbi Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Happy Canada Day. In Winkler we, as a community are getting together for a steak supper at a parking lot in town. We do the fireworks and plenty of food, of course.. Games for children @ the local park. in all, just a great time. Enjoy!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Happy Canada day and happy 4th to my fellow Americans.:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    To all my fellow Canadians... Ditto!!!

We are making Canada some birhtday cupcakes (my 3yr old son's idea of course) and heading out to a local park for a fireworks display tonight.
    :smile:
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Happy Canada day from Alberta, My husband has the day off we'll go to a parade and watch fire works.
  • Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great to hear from all of you...thanks..the day was great..headed downtown Ottawa. The day couldn't have been better. Apparently it was the most in attendance so far. After walking around for almost 4 hours, my legs felt like rubber.. so to help them, and I think I had burned off some calories by this point, haha, I thought I should say cheers to Canada with a nice big Margarita.. I was so hot and sore at this point, that it just went down too well ha haha.

Then I went to the pool and managed to swim just 15 laps but that water sure was great Came back to my apartment and watched the fireworks from the balcony. I have the perfect spot.

It was a great day.. I always thought that if I had the money it would be great to go to a different province every Canada Day week and celebrate with that province. It's still on my list of things I would like to do..I am heading to PEI in August though.. a little late, but still visiting another province.

Well back to the grind tomorrow (unless you are on holidays)... I hope you all had a wonderful day with your family and friends.
    Goodnight!! S:drinker:
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    Happy Canada Day!!
    Here in Thunder Bay, ON some friends and I had a bbq then went down to the marina for live music, entertainers, facepainting, fireworks and more!!!

Happy 4th of July south of the border.