How to control cravings at work?

Options
I work at a call center from 5 pm to midnight, and I always find myself hungry throughout my shift because I get so bored. I tend to binge when I get home right after work. We aren't allowed to eat, use phones, or talk to coworkers much. We are only allowed a 25 minute break.

Any tips to avoid this binge after work?

Replies

• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    get a different job? sounds like a concentration camp to me.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Not allowed to eat? Can you drink anything? You could always have a protein shake, or sneak in a protein bar.
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That doesn't seem like too pleasant of a place to work but I will bring snacks for my ride home...my drive is 45 minutes one way so that by the time I get home I am not binge eating and not stopping at fast food places on the way home...I will take snacks to work that are very filling or is it possible you are not eating enough before you get to work? Take care and good luck!
  • sapphies
    sapphies Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Not everyone has the luxury of getting a new job on a whim. My advice would be to bring proteins bars and put them in your purse. Take a 5 minute bathroom break and chow down. They legally can't deny bathroom use. ( in the states)
  • tryingtoshed
    tryingtoshed Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink a lot of water which helps. I may try drinking a protein shake--didn't think of that since I try to avoid drinking calories!
  • tryingtoshed
    tryingtoshed Posts: 135 Member
    Options

Not everyone has the luxury of getting a new job on a whim. My advice would be to bring proteins bars and put them in your purse. Take a 5 minute bathroom break and chow down. They legally can't deny bathroom use. ( in the states)

very true, I couldn't find another job. But eating during bathroom breaks is an excellent idea!
  • QueensGirl83
    QueensGirl83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That sucks that they don't allow you to eat anything at all during your shift. I assume, since it's a call center, it's probably so that you aren't talking on the phone while chewing? Anyway, I like the suggestion about bringing something into the bathroom (although the thought of eating in the bathroom is a bit unsettling to me, but you do what you have to.) Also, if it was me, I would make sure to eat a filling meal right before leaving for work.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    If I were in this situation, I would probably actually use the juicer that has been on my shelf for five years and start making vegetable fruit juices. I also like the idea of something quick on a bathroom break: Small bananas or other small pieces of fruit, cheese sticks, protein bars, etc.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Have a meal with protein on your lunch break or before work. This will help keep you full.