Post Baby belly

Hi guys I've lost just under 5 stone since January after having a baby girl. I have 1 stone to lose until I have hit my goal weight. I am after the best ways in which to flatten and tone my post baby belly. I HATE it!! It doesn't look like its going down at all!!!

I have been doing exercise I just want some tips on how to blast this belly away.
CHEERS

Replies

• joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    You can't spot reduce. You can tighten or strengthen your ab muscles. Continue on a deficit and lose more weight. It'll have to come off a some point. I would ad strength training to your routine if you haven't done so already.
  • Muchmoretogive
    Muchmoretogive Posts: 73 Member
    I do some light strength by doing Jillian Michaels 30 ds. I am aware you can't spot reduce (mores the pity!!) So what should I be doing to improve my stomach? Other than crunches sit ups plank. What strength exercises?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    I do some light strength by doing Jillian Michaels 30 ds. I am aware you can't spot reduce (mores the pity!!) So what should I be doing to improve my stomach? Other than crunches sit ups plank. What strength exercises?

A mix of cardio and heavy lifting(compound movements)...crunches/sit ups/planks will strengthen the core, but they won't "improve" the area.

A caloric deficit is the most important though.
  • Our hospital in town just put out an article stating how and why it is hard for fit stomaches after child birth. The lowest or deepest muscles in the abs have to thin durning the last trimester so to get back fitness and shape women have to work slow and longer than expect to get their body back. They compared a fit person after childbirth to that person who is just beginning to work out. Sry I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but sounds like you are doing good, keep it up and u will see results!
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    I've always carried extra weight in my gut. I could get down to a BMI of underweight and still have a pooch. But I have found (along with diet and regular exercise) that push ups really helped tighten the area. Also, something to keep in mind- you're not even 6 months post partum yet. My stomach was distended for quite awhile after having a baby. If you're only a stone away from your goal weight, you're doing really well! Anyways, I don't know what it is about push ups, but that, more than anything else really helped me.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    I've always carried extra weight in my gut. I could get down to a BMI of underweight and still have a pooch. But I have found (along with diet and regular exercise) that push ups really helped tighten the area. Also, something to keep in mind- you're not even 6 months post partum yet. My stomach was distended for quite awhile after having a baby. If you're only a stone away from your goal weight, you're doing really well! Anyways, I don't know what it is about push ups, but that, more than anything else really helped me.

It's a compound movement that works multiple muscle groups, thus helping to create the caloric deficit.