dvds that combine cardio and toning

Options
hi everyone...as a new mome sometimes I dont have more then 30 minutes to exercise...so on my strength training days I'll do a dvd that combines aerobics and cardio...Lately I have been doing Leslie sansones walk strong which is walking for 5 minutes and then strengh training with a strechy band for 5 it last about 35 minutes the last 5 minutes being streches..I also have some firm dvds that have the same concept except the cardio is a little more high impact or dancy...How should I classify these when I put them in my tracker?

thanks =)

Replies

• clgotro
    clgotro Posts: 3
    Options
    congrats new mom! i can't help on the tracking information....but i do want to recommend a dvd for you - "jillian roberts 30 day shred" the workouts are 30 minutes and you'll do 3 sets of the following: 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute ab. what's cool about it is that she combines large muscle groups and small muscle groups on the strength training .... so you get lots of cardio there too. dvd says you'll see results in 10 workouts...and you will. good luck!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    The most accurate way to log those would be to get a heart rate monitor to calculate how many calories you burn and create your own exercises using the info from the HRM.

Without a HRM, you can log DVDs that combine cardio with weights as cross training. The walking ones, just find a walking entry that works and use it.

FYI - the 30 Day Shred is by Jillian Michaels, not Roberts.
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is AWESOME - i'm doing it right now. It's only 22 minutes long (2 minute warm up, 3 circuits consisting of 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes carido, and one minute abs, and a 2 minute cool down) and it's a really great workout. I've already seen some fantastic results, and I still have 11 days left. And, because it's so short, it's really easy for me to force myself to do it, because I can't really make the excuses that I'm too tired or have no time. I've heard you can get it at walmart or target for about ten dollars, but check eBay too, because it's probably cheaper there
  • Sara2525
    Sara2525 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I also enjoy the 30 Day Shred and have a lot of Leslie's walking videos. My favorite is the boot camp video which is similar to the one you explained. You run, walk and do strength training with bands.
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    This might be an out of place question. Do any of you have fibromyalgia? Is this Jililan Michael's DVD any more intense than Leslie Sansone's 1 mile walk or 2 mile walk??

I am having pain in my hips from the walking, aerobics, even swimming is bothering me. But I quit doing it all for a week and the pain didn't go away, so I started back up. I am hoping that as time goes by the pain will go away if my body gets used to the movements/

I have not done the Leslie Sansone Boot Camp so I can't compare Jillian's to that one. I have just done the 15 min 1 mile walk or the 30 min 2 mile walk.

Thanks
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is pretty intense, but there are modified moves for a lot of the cardio moves to help if you're having trouble with the high intensity
  • sadenniston
    sadenniston Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love doing the "Biggest Loser Last Chance workout" Jillian Michaels is the trainer, it combines cardio with strength training. I have two little ones and I usually do it when my youngest is taking a nap. It has one that's 25 minutes, 5 minute cool down and warm up. Then it has two 10 minute working upper and lower body. I also like doing the "Biggest Loser Power Sculpt" it's mainly strength training, but I love these two videos!! More than the 30 day shred! Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for!
  • Sara8681
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I might look into getting the shred once i am in a little bit better shape lol i cant blame all the extra weight on the baby!
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answer, and sorry Sara8681 for hijacking your thread. But I think I will wait and just stick with the walking ones till I feel better and my body can handle it more. :smile: