encouragement

Options
i find myself getting on this site off and on. I find myself doing really well for about 2 weeks and then i get off track. I keep gaining wait instead of losing it. I have till august first to get into passable shape or i am introuble with the army... they could look at kicking me out. I am ashamed of what i have become. 3 years ago i was 135 pounds, i saw this as somewhat to skinny, but never did i think i would come to this. I am now 185 pounds at 67in. I am overweight by 30 pounds to the army's standards. i understand losing 30lbs in the next month and a half is unreasonable but if i show effort they will look at it diffrently. I say this to you, strangers and friends because when it comes to working out, i find myself finding every reason not too. if i could find encouragement i think it would be easier to me.

Replies

• soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    The army wants to see you making progress. If you are exercising and eating right you will be able to do more push and more situps and your 2 mile run time will improve and your weight should improve as a side effect of that. If your leadership sees you making that progress they will go to bat for you. As long as your progress is constant you will eventually be in good enough shape to make them happy. Just don't give up.
  • dancingdaily
    Options
    You can do this!
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Just dig in and prove it to yourself. screw showing them.... you can do this for you!!
  • katygirl66
    katygirl66 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can show real improvement, and the Army will appreciate it. You need to develop a routine, and hydrate!!!
  • moni_lo
    moni_lo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You've got this
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    What gets me exercising is finding something I enjoy doing. I love Zumba and I ride my recumbent bike in my basement as I do laundry. I play a little game with myself where I try to end my bike riding just as the buzzer on the dryer rings. Yeah, it's a little weird, but it works! I put in an hour and 1,000 cal burn just doing laundry! I also climb stairs, because I heard that's great for the legs, butt AND heart.

I hate running/jogging and won't do it, ever.

Find something you enjoy doing and do it often. That will make it seem like less of a chore.

Good luck, you can do this!