Finally overweight!!

Options
2»

Replies

• 2binshap3
    2binshap3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    C25k is Couch to 5k, basically a program that gradually trains you physically, and more importantly mentally to run ...when I first started running a minute and a 1/2 felt like eternity, but now I've run multiple 25 minute runs. Doesn't sounds like alot to my healthy friends, but for those of us gasping for air after 100M it is a HUGE deal.

It's free in the App store, I highly recommend it for losing weight.

Quick Tip: Even if you can't run, walking fast in intervals really helps as well.
  • JanetP124
    JanetP124 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I understand completely. I am hugely looking forward to being overweight myself in about 10 more pounds.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It is a great feeling, isn't it?!?! Good job and good luck!
  • Bevhector
    Bevhector Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome - keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration :-)
  • cmcbee90
    cmcbee90 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    C25k is Couch to 5k, basically a program that gradually trains you physically, and more importantly mentally to run ...when I first started running a minute and a 1/2 felt like eternity, but now I've run multiple 25 minute runs. Doesn't sounds like alot to my healthy friends, but for those of us gasping for air after 100M it is a HUGE deal.

It's free in the App store, I highly recommend it for losing weight.

Quick Tip: Even if you can't run, walking fast in intervals really helps as well.

I've wanted to do C25K but even the beginning was too hard for me. I can't run more than 20 seconds or so without gasping for breath and feeling exhausted. Any advice on getting started when the beginning is even too hard?
  • zumbakelly23
    zumbakelly23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WOW - Thats Great - Keep up the good work!!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I am close to being (just) overweight myself so I can feel your excitement. Looking forward to the day I too can post this news!

CONGRATULATIONS!
  • bamabutterfly83
    bamabutterfly83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's great! I can't wait til I can say the same!