What NOT to say to someone who's trying to lost weight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The thing that I find most annoying is when someone knows that you're trying to lose weight, and the second you decide to have a cheat food they give you this look like "are you sure you want to eat that?".
  • ArieMc88
    ArieMc88 Posts: 18
    Options
    I get this alot- "does your husband like you skinny?" wth is that? or "wow-look at you..maybe you should eat more so you can gain a little back.." um noo
  • amybrownpatterson
    amybrownpatterson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I told a "friend" that I wanted to get back down to 135 because that is how much I weighted when I went to Cancun in 2001 and felt like I looked good at that weight. She replied with "You shouldn't try to get down that low because You are much older now. That was over 10 years ago."
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    "Have a slice of pizza"

What's wrong with pizza?

For me one slice of pizza becomes an entire pizza plus some...I find it better to not eat any pizza at all (unless I am willing to live with eating that much pizza).

Same for me - bread, pizza, sugar... If I eat none at all, I don't miss it, don't want it, it's no big deal. I feel happy and fulfilled without it and I truly enjoy the fruit/veggies/meat/fish that I eat. If I eat a little pizza/cake/ice cream, I'm like a crazy person that wants more and more until I quit again and get it out of my system. Is moderation possible? Sure, but for me it sucks a lot more than none at all. If eating "treats" in moderation works for you, that's great! But stop arguing with me about what works for me.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    "Did you really go to gym last night” Uh yeah!

I’m not trying to impress anyone either here or in my personal life and I don’t post anything on my diary including exercises that aren’t true. I think it would be pretty pathetic if I was lying on my MFP diary, isn’t the whole point of logging, etc. to be honest w/yourself about your food and exercise in order to make a positive change.
  • OwneyB
    OwneyB Posts: 7
    Options
    What diet are you on this time? OR Your always on a diet! OR Your trying to lose weight again?!

I hate it when my near and dear say these things. It just reminds me of my past failures. What really gets me is that the ones who say these things are usually my saboteurs. Just be supportive people!
  • JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Asking me when I'm going to stop. Why the hell would I stop challenging myself physically? WTH? Also telling me I should just accept my mom belly for what it is. Apparently, me trying to have the best, fittest body I can is offensive to some people.

Telling me I shouldn't lose any more weight, or that I'm getting too skinny. "You're not still trying to lose, are you??" I am NO WHERE NEAR an unhealthy weight, and it's no body's business but mine whether I feel like I've lost enough yet (aside from all you folks who can see my ticker). I also just hate the word "skinny." I've worked hard for the muscle I have.

Telling me to indulge in crap food like donuts. I tried a donut weeks ago and I thought it was going to kill me. Please, more for you if I don't have one!