Having some trouble...

Options
I just started on MFP a few days ago, and I'm having trouble keeping up with my diet. I have little self-control, so when I get a craving, I eat what I want. It's killing me, and I don't know what to do. Help!!!

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have a realistic objective. Dropping 0.5 pounds/week is much better than failing and binging when attempting 2/week.

Also eat plenty of protein.
  • mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I think making the decision that loosing weight is what you really want to do is going to help. Once you find this motivation you can curb the "need" to give into the cravings. A motto I use is "Remeber why you started!"
  • nebulala
    nebulala Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Part of this journey is developing the self-control. If you just started, don't beat yourself up over it. Aim to make one or two healthy choices a day. Instead of having unhealthy sweets, have a bit of fruit, or substitute for a sugar-free alternative. (For me, sugar-free pudding mixed with fruit really neutralizes my binge desires. Appropriately portioned of course!!) Cold turkey isn't for everyone.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Just log everything you eat, regardless. I started off going way over, but just made sure to log everything. It'll get easier. Hang in there.