Interested in a Spartan workout challenge?

Options
I am training for a Spartan Race in October and found this free ebook with an 8 week training guide. I thought it might be fun to start an 8 week challenge starting the first week of July. Maybe on the 5th so that we can enjoy the 4th. Let me know if anyone is interested!
Here is the link to the ebook: http://www.spartanrace.com/spartan-race-guide-to-obstacle-racing-ebook.php?ebooksource=103048

If you guys have any ideas of a start date I am up for changes too. I am ready to start on the 1st so lets get a group together for this challenge!!

Replies

• Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in if you will let me. The 1st is great to me but it seems more practical to start it on the 4th as you said just to let everyone have there final big eating whatever they want day lol.
  • JeanMarieJ
    JeanMarieJ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in if you will let me. The 1st is great to me but it seems more practical to start it on the 4th as you said just to let everyone have there final big eating whatever they want day lol.

Sweet! I'm down! Lets spread the word! This should be fun!!
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Okay, Ill try too!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Spartan has an awesome WOD they email out each night. I've yet to do them, but I've thought about it... I did my Sprint a couple of weeks ago but I'm doing the Super on September 7th and the Beast on September 28th. I just downloaded the eBook. I have to be flexible with my workouts though, so I don't know if I can follow a plan.
  • JeanMarieJ
    Options
    Yeah I get the WOD & FOD too. You could just join us and do the days that you are able with your schedule.
  • amelianola
    amelianola Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm signed up for an october spartan sprint, so it would be great to have a group to motivate me to get it together! thanks.
  • JeanMarieJ
    Options
    I'm in! I'm signed up for an october spartan sprint, so it would be great to have a group to motivate me to get it together! thanks.

Mine is in October too, in MS!

This is Great!! I will start a Challenge Topic on July 5th for us all to join and then we can use that to post about our WODs and encourage each other!

Also Feel free to friend me guys!
  • rundevil0525
    Options
    I am in! This is exciting, prepping for my third spartan in August.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 3 days after my last post and I haven't even had time to read the eBook yet.

I will do it after the weekend... I'm running Tough Mudder on Saturday :noway: TWO. MORE. SLEEPS.
  • polido54
    polido54 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have the spartan beast Sept 21! Which spartan are you doing?
  • JeanMarieJ
    Options
    I am doing the Sprint in October. I'm not the greatest runner and prefer cycling but I am going to ROCK this!! It will be my first so any advice for the new kid is much appreciated!!
  • JeanMarieJ
    Options
    I am in! This is exciting, prepping for my third spartan in August.

3rd!! I'm freaking out about my first! I am 20# over weight and out of shape from 2 years of bulking my brain and ignoring my body in Grad school! Fail!! I am hoping the 8 week training guide will help me out!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am IN!! I am also doing the Spartan Sprint in Oct. in MS:) Lets do this!!
  • JeanMarieJ
    Options
    I am IN!! I am also doing the Spartan Sprint in Oct. in MS:) Lets do this!!

Nice! I'm in GPT! We'll have to get everyone who's doing this race together for dinner or something before or after the race! It'd be awesome to meet after and 8 week training session!
  • jennycasper
    jennycasper Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Sprint in the Northwest on August 4th. I've been doing Insanity and will finish a week or so before the race. I am going to go hunting for the ebook.