chocolate AND mfp?

Options
I'm a chocolate lover looking for other chocolate lovers... or non chocolate lovers :P (I try not to discriminate too much)

I have lost over 75lbs with the daily chocolate intake. I want friends who can motivate and I can help motivate... come on ppl :)

Replies

• trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    when I started this my attitude was 'i'll modify, i'll be careful, i'll portion out, but I am NOT saying no to stuff I really love or really want'

I eat chocolate most days. I drink wine most days. I eat corn chips when I want them. and I've lost 40 lb (18kg) in 175 days. Not too shabby :)
  • beautyonthebeach83
    beautyonthebeach83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate! And full fat yogurt, ice cream, real butter, cheese etc. :) 9 years ago I lost 90 lbs in less than a year and I did it without depriving myself of anything. Moderation. ;) I have a lot less to lose this time but I am doing the same thing. Mmmm...chocolate.
  • Purpleice18
    Options
    I agree with both of you! moderation and not to give up the things you love! I still try to make my days healthy and full of protein but I will never cut out chocolate or wine. Those are really the only two I care about haha.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Moderation and chocolate worked great for me VVVV
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo! Another chocolate lover here. :smile:
  • Purpleice18
    Options
    added both of you :)
  • Tinytaru
    Tinytaru Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am a chocoholic as well! :) feel free to add me ^^
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I will not say No to any food and will practice moderation this time!!! I think that is why I gave up gave in so many times before cause it was like all or nothing attitude that did me no good!! So I will listen to the advice here and learn the food is not going anywhere so a small amount is all I need to appease my longing and then when it comes again another day I will Eat and repeat!! It is not everyday I want chocolate but making it a forbidden food was such a Fool's game!! Have lost 32 since the first of the year but when I started feeling the quitters itch this time I found this site!!! MFP is one of the very best things I have done for myself in a long long time!!!!! :heart:
  • lurcstet
    lurcstet Posts: 77
    Options
    chocolate is a massive weakness of mine!
  • rockinchick66
    rockinchick66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate! I find if I deprive myself when I finally do eat whatever it is I've been denying myselfI end up eating way too much of it. I'd rather have a small piece of good quality chocolate when I want it! =)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Never a day without chocolate!
  • 1234suroor
    1234suroor Posts: 41
    Options
    chocolate candy and icecream-aholic here! i have it every day!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    My son took half my chocolate today and left :/ I love the Hersey's dark chocolate with almond nuggets. And Trader Joe's Belgium Chocolate pudding....yummm!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm an ice cream and wine person myself, but do enjoy bitter chocolate every now and then when I get the craving for it.
  • Purpleice18
    Options
    I will not say No to any food and will practice moderation this time!!! I think that is why I gave up gave in so many times before cause it was like all or nothing attitude that did me no good!! So I will listen to the advice here and learn the food is not going anywhere so a small amount is all I need to appease my longing and then when it comes again another day I will Eat and repeat!! It is not everyday I want chocolate but making it a forbidden food was such a Fool's game!! Have lost 32 since the first of the year but when I started feeling the quitters itch this time I found this site!!! MFP is one of the very best things I have done for myself in a long long time!!!!! :heart:

Very good. I have given up a couple times because I binge and don't stop, not on sweets but everything in general, but somehow I don't gain weight I just don't lose any and I get depressed. I decided to lose weight again and now I don't deprive myself of much, mostly just going out to eat because the calories in a bite of what I love would put me over my daily limit lol good luck to you in your journey
  • beautyonthebeach83
    beautyonthebeach83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I just had 3 freshly baked homemade chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. Yay for Fridays. :)
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate. Especially dark chocolate. Those little Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Nibs are fantastic, especially when you're craving chocolate, but don't want to eat a whole candy bar. I used to not eat sugar, and granted, I felt a lot better overall. Then, one day, I decided to try some chocolate again.....
  • Purpleice18
    Options
    I love chocolate. Especially dark chocolate. Those little Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Nibs are fantastic, especially when you're craving chocolate, but don't want to eat a whole candy bar. I used to not eat sugar, and granted, I felt a lot better overall. Then, one day, I decided to try some chocolate again.....

I like dark chocolate sometimes, most of the time tho it has to be milk, unless I go to sees, then it's both, pretty much the only dark chocolate I like is there :)
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate daily too!

My ticker was the same number as yours last week, but due to water retention (enough to fill a swimming pool) this week, it's not now. :grumble: Next week though! :smile:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any chocolate for a couple weeks, not because I was abstaining but because I ran out. Just this morning I said to myself, "It's time to get some chocolaty deliciousness". And so it will be done.