New favorite food?

Options
Hey guys! Just curious, now that you've committed to eating healthier, what is a new food that you love that you previously disliked or never tried til now?

I am digging almonds and kale now. Yum yum!!!

Replies

• missanagarcia
    Options
    SPINACH!!!! omgggg I love it! i cant get enough. lol
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Fresh spinach (not in a can) and asparagus
  • lynnsf
    lynnsf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    While I've always enjoyed them - garbanzo beans is a great addition to a salad - it fills you up, adds protein with no sugar. That and mushrooms may be my new favorite foods
  • awie11
    awie11 Posts: 44
    Options
    All Natural Peanut butter is absolutely delicious. I used to be addicted to the processed stuff but now it just taste like chemicals to me.
    Also it may sound a little weird but I'm obsessed with broccoli. I don't think a day goes by where I don't eat broccoli.

Other favorites of mine include apples, blackberries, grapes, peas, and whole wheat bread.
  • pbrenn
    pbrenn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Almond butter and green smoothies. At first the thought of a smoothie with spinach in it made me gag but after trying Naked Green Machine, I'm hooked.
  • buxfan
    buxfan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Spinach for me too - love it in omelets with portabella mushrooms, sauteed onions, a tiny bit of shredded swiss and some quartered grape tomatoes!!
  • egnirysbust
    egnirysbust Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm all about red peppers now. I wasn't a big fan until recently, but now I'm always eating them. One of my favorite meals right now is a red pepper/feta/sun dried tomato sandwich on pumpkin seed bread.
  • babychris1
    babychris1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Quinoa

"KEEEEEN- WHAAA" lol
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Banh Mi! I have one at least 3 times per week. Way better than a burger, but still fast food.

ETA: Love me some Quinoa too!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I got fat eating too much healthy food, so I haven't changed my diet, only my portions. But I've been cooking a lot more vegan food since a friend decided to become vegan, and I've discovered something wonderful: smoked Spanish paprika. Add it to a lentil stew and I swear it tastes like you put bacon in there.
  • lulurogers9
    lulurogers9 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash!
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Flaxseed and avocado, definitely. Everything else I pretty much used before.
  • lenatilde
    lenatilde Posts: 18
    Options
    Bok choy! I'm going crazy for the stuff.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash!
    me too!! i'm making some tonight!! i cant wait :)
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Eggs!
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt. It's like my substitute for mayo, sour cream, it's just so versatile, it's AWESOME :)
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i absolutely hated vegetables and was a horribly picky eater, and now i can literally sit down with a bowl of cauliflower and asparagus and drool over it. other faves are eggplant and zucchini mmm.
  • michaelschaap
    michaelschaap Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing now are smoothies. I bought some EAS Lean 15 protein powder. I've been putting in a cup of milk and some ice and putting different things in it. One smoothie has bananas in it. one has mixed fruit. The favorite one to date is with one banana and a cup of canned pineapple.

Michael
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Kale and banana
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I love Greek Yogurt. I will not eat the other type of yogurt again -- unless it was all natural and no additives.