Accountability...

Options
Up and down, up and down. Ugh it's so frustrating it feels like i've been dieting forever. I wait for the next big event to come so I can get motivated. I have no one, nothing to be accountable to/for. I just turned 30, went on a cruise busted my but since March to try to tone, try to lose some inches, by the time the cruise came along I lost a whopping 8 lbs. Wanna know how much I gained on the cruise? 8 Lbs. and here I am 4 weeks later up past what I started in March which has now turned into over 20 lbs. It's not like I never ever workout, i workout more than most people..I mean ALL the people I know! I don't pig out, I don't gorge yet it just keeps packing on...anyway sorry to vent but I am just frustrated that I can't just be accountable to myself. I mean none of my friends are going to hold me to it. They are the ones I eat chocolate with, drink Margs with right? My husband enjoys my 1000 calorie dinners....my kids love Mac & cheese. Who really cares that I'm 20 lbs over weight? Who cares that I fight with myself every morning to work out, every meal I eat...no one. Now I dont' want to be like the big whiner, I know many people who have lots to lose but I can't keep the cycle up or it's just going to keep getting harder....

Anyway accoutability maybe here on MFP. I'm on my second Bodies for Life challenge. Last year I did it for 6 weeks, didn't lose much but I did tone and drop a couple sizes...then I got sick and yada yada...you know how it goes. Here are my stats:

Height: 5'4
Weight: 157
Measurements:
Thigh: 24
Hips: 43
Belly Button: 41
Chest: 35 (38C bra?)
Bust: 40
Bicep: 11.5

In between a size 10-12 ... currently my fat pants are tight on me :grumble:

Replies

• gemini78
    gemini78 Posts: 8
    Options
    Up and down, up and down. Ugh it's so frustrating it feels like i've been dieting forever. I wait for the next big event to come so I can get motivated. I have no one, nothing to be accountable to/for. I just turned 30, went on a cruise busted my but since March to try to tone, try to lose some inches, by the time the cruise came along I lost a whopping 8 lbs. Wanna know how much I gained on the cruise? 8 Lbs. and here I am 4 weeks later up past what I started in March which has now turned into over 20 lbs. It's not like I never ever workout, i workout more than most people..I mean ALL the people I know! I don't pig out, I don't gorge yet it just keeps packing on...anyway sorry to vent but I am just frustrated that I can't just be accountable to myself. I mean none of my friends are going to hold me to it. They are the ones I eat chocolate with, drink Margs with right? My husband enjoys my 1000 calorie dinners....my kids love Mac & cheese. Who really cares that I'm 20 lbs over weight? Who cares that I fight with myself every morning to work out, every meal I eat...no one. Now I dont' want to be like the big whiner, I know many people who have lots to lose but I can't keep the cycle up or it's just going to keep getting harder....

Anyway accoutability maybe here on MFP. I'm on my second Bodies for Life challenge. Last year I did it for 6 weeks, didn't lose much but I did tone and drop a couple sizes...then I got sick and yada yada...you know how it goes. Here are my stats:

Height: 5'4
    Weight: 157
    Measurements:
    Thigh: 24
    Hips: 43
    Belly Button: 41
    Chest: 35 (38C bra?)
    Bust: 40
    Bicep: 11.5

In between a size 10-12 ... currently my fat pants are tight on me :grumble:
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    my twin I have found you!:happy:
    YOU and I are the same height same weight
    Be proud of yourself, your 5'4 and weigh 157 after two kids,
    I'm weight that and I have no kids!
    In my family they call me skinny, and skinny I am not, but getting there
    Its ok to get frustrated I do the same
    but keep in mind, if you are anything like me, you were once at an unhealthy weight for your height and now you are not.
    Also the average "normal" woman in the US is in a size 14, so see your in a 10!!!!
    I'm proud of you, you should be proud of you!