Gained it right back??????

Options
I am so frustrated and irritated at this point. I tracked all of my calories in and out the last two weeks. The first week was great i lost 1.5lbs. But i just weighed in today and i gained that right back. Could I really have gained 1 1/2 lbs of muscle in the last week?

Or am i doing something totally wrong here. I should be able to consistently lose at least a pound a week as i eat no more than 1500 calories per day and i burn at least 3500 calories in a week.

I worked so hard the last two weeks........i'm not going to give up though. i feel stronger and my clothes already feel a little different on me so there has to be some change going on here. I know it wont be over night, i expect my goal of 77 lbs to take me 77 weeks but now i'm back to 77 lbs and only have 75 weeks left If I'm already struggling what ever will i do when i reach the first Plataea ?

Replies

• purplespeckle
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. Take your measurements. That could give you an idea of how well you are doing too. ;) Good luck!
  • Hannesfit
    Hannesfit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    wow i did a little research then checked my measurments.....lost 1.5inches on waist and 2 inches on hips...OK I FEEL BETTER :)
  • chichi1967
    Options
    Dont feel frustrated...give it time for your body to adjust..you may lose a small amount one week but the next lose more....Once thing that is a problem for me & seeing that your a women...Hormones play a big part in that week before & during. Your body changes so much & extra fluid is a big part. This is what Im find when it's a week I only lost a small amount. Whatever the reason stay positive everyday.
    I make goals for myself & realize this is going to take a while. When I hit 5 pds Im getting a pedicure, then I'll work on something special for 10.

Add me as a friend if you want...I live in Illinois
    stay focused & positive

Lynda
  • shellymitch
    Options
    and don't forget that 1.5 lbs could be water weight not actual weight loss. Are you getting in the same amounts of water and sodium during a day? That can affect the scale significantly.

Good luck!

Don't get discouraged!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Maybe you already are.....

But be sure to weigh the same time of day, because your weight will vary greatly from morning to night- as much as 7 pounds in my case sometimes!!!

I always weigh first thing in the morning, still naked - after using the potty and before eating breakfast. This is my preference because I always see the lowest number at that time!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    wow i did a little research then checked my measurments.....lost 1.5inches on waist and 2 inches on hips...OK I FEEL BETTER :)

I'm sure it's either water weight or muscle gain then. Be sure to drink AT LEAST 8 cups of water a day and make sure you're not eating too much salt/sodium. If it's water weight and you increase your water intake and/or lessen your sodium intake you'll see the scale drop those numbers pretty quickly in the next 2 or 3 days. :D
  • biodeb
    biodeb Posts: 19
    Options
    CONGRATS on the inches lost!! :drinker: That's fantastic. 77 weeks is quite some time, so settle in for the LONG run and try to enjoy your new eating habits. Just think, in half that time, how much weight/inches you will have lost. :bigsmile: Think long-term.
  • lsiberian
    Options
    2 weeks is far too early to see big gains. The good stuff wasn't built in a week. It takes time. Be patient and you'll get there.
  • Hannesfit
    Hannesfit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone....lot of great take aways.

I did make the mistake of weighing myself about 30 mins after supper and i had at least a liter of water drank by then. And i did have a high sodium intake the day before.

I didn't let it get to me at all. I got right up this morning and got to work :)

your the best ladies thanks for the support.