I have always been "the fat girl..."

Options
I spent so long being "the fat girl," that I became convinced that was who I am. I would always hate my body. I would always be the co-worker who ordered fast food, the friend who's jeans were 6 sizes bigger than everyone else's, the girl who hung her head in shame because no one looked her way. Fat robbed me of happiness, joy & confidence. It was my label. No one looked deeper. Six weeks ago, Fat and I began a battle; a fight that this time, I wasn't willing to give up. When Fat screamed "You can't do this!" I gave it one more push up. When Fat wanted cookies and cake and soda, I drowned it in water, fruits and veggies. Fat has slowly hung it's head in shame as Fit gets compliments, second glances and new jeans. The only difference in Fat and Fit is "I." And I am doing this. So long old friend. Hope to never see you again!

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post :)

Keep kicking fat's *kitten*!!!
  • TexNut
    TexNut Posts: 53
    Options
    Way to go! I admire your courage and attitude -

SERVE YOUR FAT AN EVICTION NOTICE!! ;D
  • tlab827
    tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great post!

Keep up the hard work :)
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Very nice! Keep up the great work! Excellent attitude! :flowerforyou:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Great post...kick fat to the curb and have a new romance with Fit.
  • strivin2succeed
    Options
    wooooow im so glad this was the first post i read!!! i jst joined yesterday, since giving birth 2 my 2 daughters (youngest is now 6yrs old, my oldest is 10yrs old) i have stayed 40-50lbs overweight, eating so unhealthy always feeling so sluggish no energy.. Lately i have had this whole thought transformation where im really sick & tired of feeling all these ways but doing absolutely nothing about it... Your post really helped with keepin this positive inspiration about winning the battle against fat! we have the knowledge & how to do so we jst need that inspiration and motivation and your words were just that & more Thank You & good luck to all of us on this journey to success :happy:
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your weight loss journey... but I would encourage to work on loving yourself for you and not basing it your physical appearance. There are plenty of people that did not let being overweight or obese that did not let their weight stop them from living life - I worry that if you really placed that much importance on it that losing weight isn't going to help that aspect. You want to be healthy mentally as well as physically.
  • country_blood14
    country_blood14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is one of those posts I just wish I could 'LIKE' lol! Good luck on your journey!
  • Lyssa021
    Lyssa021 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    awesome!! good luck!! im right with you on this one too, ive been where you are and im just starting mine finally!
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Testify!! :bigsmile: Great post!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Saratini76
    Saratini76 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    OMG OMG. That is....me...

I am still struggling with my mental image of being "the fat girl"
    but I am trying to kick fat's *kitten*! That was the OLD me!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Truly inspirational. Keep up the good work.
  • vkc1978
    vkc1978 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!!!:love::smile: :bigsmile:
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I love it! Your attitude is amazing and your determination is what makes the difference. Fight for yourself and never give up!
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I love it! You have an awesome attitude and you're going to do great! Keep up the positivity! :)
  • Mari_2009
    Mari_2009 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    LOVED this!!! It's just the motivation I need! :)
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    So happy I read this post really how I feel! People that have known me for awhile tell me I look sooo good now but I still am at 250 pounds just 35 pounds lighter than before.
  • infamousdrew76
    infamousdrew76 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    First: You are not "the fat girl"! While you may have been overweight, that does not define you!

Second: You're attitude is absolutely awesome! I promise if you keep going with that attitude, nothing will stop you!