Men's opinion on short hair

Options

Replies

• sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

I cut my hair once really short pixie style back in highschool and the same day my boyfriend upon seeing me, broke up with me.

That happened to me too but I was in the second grade. Now I date men and they appreciate my style.

<especially that one
  • ClareWantsProgress
    ClareWantsProgress Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love my hair long, because I can put it up to have a "short look" if I want and it's so much cooler in the summer to be able to pony it up out of the way instead of having shoulder length where it's always sticking to you. Plus I can trim the ends myself and save $100s, if not thousands a year on the salon and styling products that I would need to make it look halfway decent short. (My hair is curly/wavy/frizzy and when it's short it looks like a Brillo pad.) I laugh when people with short/medium hair tell me it's "so much easier" and then they take an hour in the bathroom getting ready each day and have to go to the salon every 4 weeks.

That being said - do what YOU want! It's YOUR head. I will say that my husband loved me with shorter hair but much prefers it long - probably because I do, too!
  • Emisole
    Emisole Posts: 65
    Options
    Why does anyone give one flying poop speckle what a man thinks about their hair? Wear it how you feel sexy.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    My last girlfriend trained me not to have opinions. Sorry!
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I've always had really long hair to my waist. Recently (about 6 months ago) I told my husband I was cutting it. It was to the point that all I did with it was put it up in a ponytail. Forget about blow drying it all the way, it would take close to an hour just to do that (I have really thick hair). It was taking a ton of shampoo and conditioner as well, and I was just all around over having long hair.

I cut it off and donated it to Lock for Love. I had 4 ponies, they were 12, 14, 14, and 14 inches long. AND they still had to cut some hair off to shape and style my hair.

My husband and my son (he's 6) dreaded me doing this. (My son likes to pat my hair as I carry him to bed each night) but once cut, they like it alot and so do I.

It takes me all of 8 mins to blow dry and since I have really thick straight hair, I don't even need to flat iron it ever!!

I am seriously debating going shorter next time. I dot it cut into a wedge and this last time I've got a short bob. I'll at least go back to the wedge next time.

I really do love it and if you love it, you will come across more confident and others will just roll with it.

And also, it's just hair, if you don't like it, if will grow back out.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Asked three men this question just earlier today - all three said keep it longish
  • derdriu2000
    derdriu2000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Beachiron your wife is a lucky woman. I want one of you for My birthday.
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You're pretty enough to pull off short hair. IDK, I say go for it!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    <<< long hair all the way

No but really I am about to donate some of my hair here soon
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I chopped all my hair off a year and a half ago. It was pretty much a pixie cut. Now it's a few inches past my shoulders.

Why not just leave it in the middle?
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You'd look adorable. Gosh I would LOVE to get one, but my fiance is really a huge fan of long hair and I respect that.
    So we meet in the middle with a medium bob.

lol
    I still want my pixie though, and he still wants it down to my butt.
  • Phx99
    Phx99 Posts: 69
    Options
    I go in between. My hair is longer, but every so often I want it shorter...it makes my curls come out more!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    A pixie cut would look good on you. But, your hair does look really lovely now!

I almost always have had very long hair, but have experimented with cutting it. Never shorter than chin length, though. I prefer my hair when it is long. I dyed my hair with henna and I corrected it with brown hair dye and lighter highlights. I have it cut to shoulder length with some chin length layers now. I really miss the way my hair was when it was long and my natural color and thick and healthy. But, I am in the process of keeping it around chin length to grow it out healthy. It is healthy, but has a lot of layered lengths right now. It will grow back soon.

My husband does like my hair at least longish, but most people seem to say that.
  • alethea88
    alethea88 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend prefer long black hair (or medium brown). I did the bob cut rihanna style (the asymmetrical bob cut) and dyed it red once...my boyfriend did not say anything bad about it (that time). Maybe he saw me excited flaunting my new hair. LOL. but years after, he admit that he likes me in natural straight long hair.
  • ALKNica
    ALKNica Posts: 50
    Options
    My husband actually likes short hair, but I think I look better with shoulder length hair so that's what I do. Obviously he's still ok with this. Haha.
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My wife is hot regardless of the length of her hair. However, a purely practical approach leads me to lean toward shorter hair. I enjoy spooning much more without a face full of long hair in the way.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I love the short pixie look. If I had the face and the hair texture for it, that's what I'd choose.
    Long hair is a pain to manage. And it's summer!

(I look terrible with short hair, so I'm slightly envious of those who can pull it off.)
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I have had long hair all my life and while I like being able to style it and stuff it does get boring. My bf prefers long hair but honestly I've always wanted to try out short choppy hair (preferably like a lazy mohawk or something bad azz like that). But I don't think I could pull it off anyway :sad: I think either way you're safe though, you could pull off both looks you lucky chameleon ;D
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    It's your hair! Haha, just kidding!!

Wow, I'm actually torn!! I like short hair, but you look great with both short and long hair (yes, I creeped your profile)!! And you actually do look like Zooey Deschanel with your long hair!! But right now I say go for the short hair like what you have in your other pics!! Since you said your long hair is a nightmare to maintain, the shorter hair will mean less stress because short hair is generally easier to maintain than long hair! But just so you know, you look absolutely stunning with short hair!! It really enhances your already beautiful features!
  • VeganCoco
    VeganCoco Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of having your bangs and the sides of your hair cut into the pixie crop that you want but leaving the back long? That way you can wear it up all day every day for a couple of weeks (like in a bun or something) and you'll soon realise if you could like it permanently, you might just realise you like having both options though and keep it that way! xxx

Isn't that a mullet? :huh:

That is a mullet. That's what happens when pixies are neglected. No bueno.

No people with no creativity, I meant like this:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&amp;safe=off&amp;sa=N&amp;biw=1366&amp;bih=643&amp;hl=en&amp;tbm=isch&amp;tbnid=Ws18mmrqrUjg9M:&amp;imgrefurl=http://shorthairstyleup.blogspot.com/2013/05/long-hairstyles-with-side-bangs.html&amp;docid=BGU27K8mc_zvUM&amp;imgurl=http://wallpaper.rghomedesign.com/medium/12/long%2520hairstyles%2520with%2520side%2520bangs12.jpg&amp;w=320&amp;h=464&amp;ei=VqnEUd-9LKad0AXBtYCwDg&amp;zoom=1&amp;ved=1t:3588,r:12,s:0,i:115&amp;iact=rc&amp;page=1&amp;tbnh=184&amp;tbnw=127&amp;start=0&amp;ndsp=27&amp;tx=91&amp;ty=66