Pat yourself on the back

Options
MFP friends - Do not take what you are doing for granted. You are self motivated people who have found the will and the drive to make a difference in yourself. Although it seems so automatic now, we were not always there or here.

You are special because you are willing to take or was willing to take it one day at a time... Many people want to lose weight, but they are not willing to wait... This endeavor is not instant, it is a day by day process. We can dream about how much we want to lose, but our goal should be that 1lb - 2lbs per week... The weight will add up, if we are willing to wait. We got or are getting past the dream and got to the goal.

Great job to you for logging in every day and doing the work, while waiting for results.

Do the work, and wait for the weight to slowly disappear... : )

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    *pats self on back* So true!!!! I think a lot of people would give up after only losing 20 lbs in almost 8 months but I haven't because I know this system works and I WILL get the rest of my weight off!
  • NoelleLou
    Options
    Well said D~ And I needed that today! I was a little discouraged when my In-laws didnt notice I have lost 22 lbs.. But I know that all that matters is that I KNOW & feel great! Thanks for the pep talk.. Sometimes motivation can wane in the eyes of others are not always perceptive!
  • hp25
    hp25 Posts: 27
    Options
    Well said! I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to quit because of being discouraged with my results, but then I remembered something you told me a couple of years ago. I remember wanting to not run in a race because I was worried about being too slow and getting last place. You told me I can't lose because I'm winning just by doing it. You said "take it 1 step at a time." Thanks for always giving great advice!
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Well said! I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to quit because of being discouraged with my results, but then I remembered something you told me a couple of years ago. I remember wanting to not run in a race because I was worried about being too slow and getting last place. You told me I can't lose because I'm winning just by doing it. You said "take it 1 step at a time." Thanks for always giving great advice!

I cant half remember the things that I say, I am so glad that you do. Glad our paths crossed HP. Looking forward to doing your wedding.
  • cgreer4
    cgreer4 Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow that is real encouraging. THanks