please help me make a healthy choice at this restaurant

Options
hi!
my family has chosen this Asian restaurant for a special dinner tonight and I am clueless when it comes to healthy Asian dishes! thanks for any help.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=512539762137404&set=a.512539725470741.1073741825.275577939166922&type=1&theater

Replies

• chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd eat something with lots of veg and chicken. And not eat a ton of white rice. If it comes out pre-plated, try to make sure you save aside a certain amount and ask for a take out box.
  • trodney1104
    trodney1104 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Try looking up the menu online & decide what to have before you go. If the menu isn't available online, find a similar eatery. Also don't be afraid to ask about low calorie/fat options when you arrive. Another option is to ask them to put 1/2 of your food in a to go box before they bring it to you or do it yourself before eating 1 bite. You can have the leftovers tomorrow and won't have to cook. Final option is order from kids menu. The portions are usually more than enough. Hope this helps.
  • yoyofatigued
    yoyofatigued Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would order the Miso Soup, it is yummy and about 50 calories per serving!!! I would either pick chicken or shrimp in miso, ginger, garlic or satay (w/o the peanut sauce).... or if you like heat the sriracha. Avoid the nut sauces and Macadamia dish. I would recommend you avoid the sweet sauces (if you don't know if they are sweet, ask the waiter). Like the poster above said, really limit the rice.
    Good luck!
  • the_new_and_improved
    Options
    thankyou all for your awesome suggestions!! I was looking at the miso soup and the sriracha chicken also! maybe even the garlic sounds nice. wasn't sure if the soup was a meal or a starter though haha. thanks girls, will be sure not to order any nice (or not much ;))
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd eat something with lots of veg and chicken. And not eat a ton of white rice. If it comes out pre-plated, try to make sure you save aside a certain amount and ask for a take out box.

I would do this. Chicken & veg stir fry MMM
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Any kind of soup, order it in main size if it only comes as an entre, and ask them to add prawns or fish. The hot liquid will fill you up so you won't have to worry about over eating. AND...enjoy yourself too! I usually go for a run before going out to dinner so I can eat a bit more than usual :)
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    yumm! I love Asian food! I would love the curries mentioned on the next photo.. but im guessing they are not as healthy a choice as the stir fry's/soups. the chicken stir fry's mentioned in the other posts sound like the safer options! have a great time :)