Do you count daily walking at work?

I work at Home Depot. There is alot of walking involved every day. I never count it towards exercise. Should I?

Replies

• I wouldn't. I work in retail, so I'm always on my feet as well. If it does burn a significant amount above what my body would be burning anyways, then I just think of it as bonus calories.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Absolutely not
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    I don't add any of the walking that I do at work as exercise. In my settings, I account for that as how active I am.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    i count blinking.
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    If it is already used to calculate your TDEE, then, no.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    I work at Home Depot. There is alot of walking involved every day. I never count it towards exercise. Should I?

I work at Lowe's (but I won't hold it against you :P ) as a head cash and wear a FitBit. I walk 6 miles during a shift. Heck yes, I count it! I just don't log it as FitBit takes care of it for me. Our Home Improvement Store selves work HARD! :D

That said, I have my activity level set to sedentary and let Fitbit add more. That way, on my days off, I have a more accurate caloric base. But, that's just me. :)
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    If you count it as exercise, you should not count it toward your activity level. If you've set your activity level to "active" then you're already accounting for being on your feet at work. If you've set your activity level to sedentary, then you could track your walking.
  • Conrad380
    Conrad380 Posts: 2
    Ha the only days I do is if I have not been to the Gym lol Well makes me feel better :)