Pounds and Inches coming off but...

Options
rachso
rachso Posts: 174 Member
I NEED to lose the muffin top!! I'm beginning to shred pounds and inches and have actually fit in a dress and a pair of shorts a size smaller. But they still dnt look right (at least the shorts) cause of my muffin top. I mean I seriously look preggo. At least before I started losing I was round all around. Now I have a big belly and though I still have at least 50 lbs to go, I've lost enough inches that my belly looks bigger and pregnant. Please help! I've tried crunches....was doing the 30 day ab challenge before I went on vaca and didnt keep it up. But even then my abs were FIRMER but not downsizing. How do I get rid of my muffin top?!

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I NEED to lose the muffin top!! I'm beginning to shred pounds and inches and have actually fit in a dress and a pair of shorts a size smaller. But they still dnt look right (at least the shorts) cause of my muffin top. I mean I seriously look preggo. At least before I started losing I was round all around. Now I have a big belly and though I still have at least 50 lbs to go, I've lost enough inches that my belly looks bigger and pregnant. Please help! I've tried crunches....was doing the 30 day ab challenge before I went on vaca and didnt keep it up. But even then my abs were FIRMER but not downsizing. How do I get rid of my muffin top?!

You can't spot reduce or pick where the fat comes off from, unless you get lipo. Just keep going and it will eventually leave the area(s) you want.
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yep...you just need to keep losing weight/fat and being patient. I would also not expect that the crunches will make a big impact on the "muffin top" not saying there is anything wrong with them...but while there is still some fat there thats what you will see unfortunately...just be patient and persistant...as you said you still have 50 pounds to lose this will take time...best of luck :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Keep on keeping on. The crunches will do nothing (beyond any other exercise that burns a similar amount of calories). An appropriate calorie deficit will eventually result in losing the fat from your midsection. (For what it's worth, that's the last place I lose too.)

Oh, and if you aren't already doing some resistance training, start that now if you can. It will help immensely in many ways.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Consistency, patience, time, and resistance training.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I have been lucky this far to have my body lose all over but I really don't like my tummy area now. Before I started losing weight I had a pretty flat stomach maybe flat isn't a good word but it was far from rounded. Now I have some saggy skin which I hate but I just try to think about the positive that all that used to be filled with fat! Gross. But anyway just stay positive and you will see changes where you want hopefully sooner rather than later.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Im in a similar situation, im loosing inches of the whole of my body, but arms, shoulders and legs are going quicker than my man boobs and stomach. Like other have said, unfortuantly spot exercising doesn not work for reducing fat in certain area, its upto the body to decide where it wants to take it from.

So be patient it will come off eventually :D
  • charmainemonk
    charmainemonk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I feel like the body loves to save the tummy for the long winter,.. but saddly these days i can still pork out all year around!
  • zoielouise
    zoielouise Posts: 21
    Options
    People usually notice I've lost weight after I lose about 14lbs but I don't see it myself until I've lost about 30-40lbs. The weight usually comes off my stomach first. Try doing some workouts for your stomach.