Best cereals to eat on a diet?

Options

Replies

• karen91967
    karen91967 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love the Special K Chocolatey Delight- i love it and it gives me my chocolate fix!
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I regularly eat half a cup of Kashi Cinnamon Harvest (whole wheat "biscuits" - or little squares, perfect for picking up), without milk - in the evening as a nice little snack.
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Multi grain Cheerios for breakfast or dry for an evening snack.
  • jennydejesus522
    Options
    As recommended by my nutritionist, one high in fiber. The General Mills Fiber One Whole grain cereal has 0 grams of sugar and 14gms of fiber. If you compare to others your lucky if you get 6. the more fiber you digest, the better for your digestive system and bowl movement. I eat it with Almond Milk from Blue Diamond, the 40 calories per serving.
  • bubbanene
    bubbanene Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    kashi go lean
  • purplepiggy1
    Options
    I eat puffed wheat with yoghut, very low cal and virtually now sugar!
  • berngres
    berngres Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    multigrain cheerios:smile::smile:
  • dawnmo89
    dawnmo89 Posts: 1
    Options
    I eat Special K Chocolate Delight with Almond Milk most every morning for breakfast. I love cereal (and peanut butter) so these are two things I still eat - in moderation (especially the peanut butter.) My favorite cereal is Golden Grahams - which I will sometimes eat on vacation. It's a special treat for me - but it's difficult to not eat too much of it.
  • RoninLife
    RoninLife Posts: 64
    Options
    I wish I could eat cereal but the only ones I like, I can't eat in moderation. So I opt for slow cooked oats instead. Steel cut oats to be exact. And fill it with fruits like bananas and apples.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Sepcial K- Chocolate Delight... It has a lot of the Iron I need too.
  • katezx
    katezx Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I find that All Bran (bran flakes) with unsweetened almond milk is lovely! Only 140 calories if you have 30g with 240mls of milk. and it definitely holds me until lunch! or porridge with skimmed milk :) x
  • migueltavares
    Options
    Fibre 1 hands down
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I like most cereals...but I tend to buy Life, Honey Nut Cheerios because they are ok nutritionally and usually on sale. :)
  • toyota
    toyota Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I eat high fiber cereals such as Kellogg's Fiber Plus Cinnamon Oat Crunch has 9g of fiber & 16g whole grain, and Kellogg's Fiber Plus Berry Yogurt Crunch has 10g of fiber & 27g of whole grain. But sometimes I just drink my body by vi shake if in a hurry with protein whey added to it.
  • walkingmywaytohealth
    Options
    I like the Fiber One cereal. At only 60 calories per 1/2 a cup and NO sugar it's a greal deal. Also provides your fiber. Add Strawberries or another berry to flavor it up for more nutrients and fiber.....
  • traumaticthrash
    Options
    Oats. makes you full up and the calories are pathetic. :)
  • Ally_93
    Ally_93 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Oats :) very good for you as they are a super food. High in protein, fiber and helps regulate cholesterol!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings.
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    kelloggs all bran buds with almond milk!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I am gluten sensitive so I dont eat most of these now but:

Shredded wheat with a touch of fruit in the middle but it is high cal for the serving size

Great value toasted oats(like cheerios) are only 100 calories a cup unlike with most cereals that measure 3/4 cup servings. I am pretty sure there is no added sugar because it is not sweet. I used to put bananas in it to liven it up

I love gluten free rice chex and I still buy it once in a while

Kelloggs Special K, The chocolaty delight one is awesome. 120 calories though. I cant have it in the house or I will eat it all over a few days