Wii Fit

Options
Sorry if there is already a topic about this but I was just wondering if the wii fit (the board) has helped anybody lose weight. I understand the gym can be quite expensive for some. And last year I lost a significant amount of weight with wii fit.
However I've joined a gym this time round and when I can't make it to the gym I use the wii fit.

Replies

• katezx
    katezx Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use the wii fit just to track my weight.. I am currently using the wii as part of my exercise. I am on the Biggest Loser Wii and Zumba 2 and they are helping alot. I am also on Day 4 30ds and I swim too! x
  • zoielouise
    zoielouise Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks!
  • lilimini
    lilimini Posts: 56
    Options
    I use the wii fit board to weigh myself in the mornings. I also use the Zumba 2 for exercise and it is great for when I can't make it to the gym. On the days that I make it to the gym, usually 3-4 times a week, I do a cycle class and strength training. I would highly recommend the zumba 2 disc - it is a great at home work out. Also, the Insanity cd's are an awesome work out!
  • dawnfto
    dawnfto Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yeah it has helped me loads. I do the Wii Zumba fitness 2, Wii Sports and Wii step. I use it to track my weight and bmi. I wouldn't be without it.
  • zoielouise
    zoielouise Posts: 21
    Options
    I do like the wii I've just heard people saying its useless for weight loss but I disagree!
  • omgitsgarry
    omgitsgarry Posts: 138
    Options
    I love the running feature!
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I use the WiiFit mostly for the balance/core stuff (table tilt, soccer heading, ski, penguin) ... I don't devote too much time to it, maybe 10-15min a few days a week. I guess I feel I get more from my elliptical/treadmill/stationary bike for cardio, and just do weights for strength. But the WiiFit stuff can be a fun change and gives me a different concentration. I should try some of the WiiFit yoga again. I say whatever works for you is good!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I play the balance games on WiiFit Plus when drunk.... But that's about it. I can't workout at home. I don't have the discipline for it. Too many distractions.
    628462 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Wii active 2. Its got a heart monitor built in so you stay in your target zone (no cheating) you don't need the board.
    I tried biggest loser, but I thought it wasted too much time in between exercises
    I will have to try zumba next. Do you need a board with zumba? Can anyone suggest any other Wii games for exercise?
  • tapdancr2192
    Options
    I can totally vouch for the Wii fit! I lost 30 pounds by doing it 5 days a week about a year and a half ago (well, I watched what I ate too). I got married a year ago, and since then I've gained about 10 pounds back (damn you amazing French baguettes and crepes!) :tongue: I didn't have the Wii because it's my mom's and I don't live at home anymore, but after hearing she wasn't using it any more, I now have it at my house. Since school let out for the summer, I've been back in my routine and doing it every morning. I do a half hour of the Free Run, then 2 rounds of 3 minutes each Super Hula Hoop. That is enough to burn my goal of 310 calories, and it takes a little less than an hour (including the body test, which I do every day to track my weight).

I also have the zumba game and Just Dance 2, but I don't do those as regularly. Personally I like a real zumba class better than the game.

Hope that helps!