Losing weight before college?

Options
Just any tips or advice. Before my high school graduation, I wasn't very good about this stuff, but now it's gotten better since it's summer....lost about 4-5 pounds so far! (The fact that I just had my wisdom teeth pulled out helps a little ahahaha)
I have exactly 2 months before school starts...trying to lose 15-20 pounds before then.

Replies

• journalismlady
    Options
    also helps to hear from other short females about losing weight.....being 5 feet tall kinda sucks :(
  • kp31275
    kp31275 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not a short female. .I'm 5'9" but I am going to be a junior in college this year. You probably won't like me telling you this but I think that's a lot to lose in 2 months if you genuinely intend to keep of that weight long term. I find that I'm a much happier person if I aim to lose about 3 lbs a month simply because I'm able to eat in a much more sustainable way. To do this, I keep my calories set to lose a half pound a week and include about 6 days of about 45 min of exercise. I don't eat my exercise calories back because it's just easier for me not too.. .plus that way I don't hung up on the numbers so much. Congratulations on finishing high school! College is awesome! I think it's great that you are choosing to focus more on your health. Hope this helps.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 (on a good day). Set MFP to lose 1lb a week and stick with your calories. Try and do some exercise maybe walk 4-5 times a week, or do the couch to 5km, or try out Zumba. Try and choose healthful choices when eating I try to eat a piece of fruit for a snack before I eat crackers ect.

A good thing to learn before college would be portion sizes. Spend some time in the kitchen learning what a portion of rice/ potatoes/ pasta/cereal looks like. In college you may not have acess to a kitchen or the healthiest choices for food, but you can still lose or maintain weight by understanding how much of some foods you should eat/ how many calories are in a cup size portion.