Can Anyone Verify Waffle House Nutrition Info?

Options
Holy Cow Batman! Went to Waffle House for supper but didn't have a chance to check nutritional value beforehand. Thinking a waffle would be within my remaining allowances that's what I ordered.

I chose the buttermilk waffle because the menu said it was "light". Well it was very light and fluffy. But when I got home and researched the nutritional value I wanted to cry.

Over 300 calories and 111g of FAT!!!! Can this be correct? WH's regular waffle only has 12 grams of fat and all the other info comparing regular waffles and buttermilk waffles had no where near 111g fat. Could this be a typo? Everything I found for WH's buttermilk waffle matched what is in the MFP database and because WH's food is "prepared to order" they don't publish their own nutritional values.

My only saving grace is that I exercised today, skipped the butter, used sugar free syrup and only end up eating half the waffle. I'm managed to come in under my calorie but I'm way over my fat gram allowance. Can anyone provide me with some peace of mind that I didn't waste 56 grams of fat on half a waffle?

Replies

• sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I agree with you that it seems totally outrageous that a waffle could have so much fat. I hope someone is able to answer your question for you!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    :smile: relax you did great! Think about it would the "old" you have not used butter sugar free syrup and only ate 1/2 the waffle!? Don't beat yourself up you'll recover and hey now you know! I think you did awesome given what was in front of you (yummy). Just go low fat tomorrow....
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    According to this other website, it has about 12 grams of fat. I'm gonna guess someone hit one too many ones and meant to put 11g here. I hope that seems a little more reasonable! :)

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/waffle-house/waffle/
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I think it was a typo or you were looking at the calories from fat. Here is what I found online for their waffle:

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1
    Amount per Serving

* Calories 314 Calories from Fat 112

% Daily Value *

* Total Fat 12.4g 19%
    * Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    * Sodium 0mg 0%
    * Total Carbohydrate 45g 15%
    * Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    * Protein 5.9g 12%
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    1 thing i have been learning as i go along 2 find the inner me,, is that at least once a week, eat 1 thing u really want... u mite have 2 excersise a few more mins, but as 1 of my friends keeps reminding me ( she owns a fitness center like curves in IN ) it is good 2 look in the mirror & see that u need 2 lose weight. it is a good thing 2 look in the mirror, & say i am gonna do this!!! but shelley tells me that if u totally restrict yourself 2 all foods & drinks that u luv so much, then eventually even the strongest willed person is gonna break eventually & eat even a small slice, piece, drink; what ever. so by her i learn that it is ok 2 have a cheeseburger, but instead of fries, eat a side salad she tells me.. there r ways 2 subststute sum thing u want... what u ate was very good. have that waffle, eat no butter, use sugar free syup, etc....:wink:
  • Bryan190
    Bryan190 Posts: 54
    Options
    I think Stewie316 has it right. Fat content of 111 grams would be almost a quarter pound of fat, not likely in any waffle.
  • GingerDarlene
    Options
    Stacey you did great!!!!!!!!!! That waffle did not have that much fat; total typo!!!