Ammount of time for weight loss

Options
What is everyone goals for weight loss and the amount of time? I'm a new mom and I'm beginning to think I'm pushing myself too hard, but then again I'm new to this so I don't know.
I'd like to gain muscle in my butt/thighs area and loose a little weight all over. I currently weight 178.5 and am consuming 1400-1650 cals a day. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and don't be afraid to add me as a friend :)

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Lose 30 lbs in 6-8 months perhaps ?
  • shannonegeary
    shannonegeary Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah- I only have a little less to loose, I think after I loose weight then I'll start toning?
  • zoielouise
    zoielouise Posts: 21
    Options
    Well I wanna lose around another 64lbs but I don't really have a time frame for it. Just wanna get healthy. Good luck!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I don't have a timeframe either. When I get there, that's my timeframe! I have 72 still to lose.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    No time frame for me... although sometimes I get a bit impatient :P
  • shannonegeary
    shannonegeary Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm so impatient too! Lol that's a large part of my problem
  • dixieracer27
    dixieracer27 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    No time frame for me, this is a journey not a short term sprint. Once I lose all my weight I have to maintain so it will be a lifetime of eating healthy and fitness.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    It took me about 6 months of eating 1200 calories a day to lose 50 pounds. I don't recommend doing it that fast unless you have a lot to lose and are worried about sticking to it (that was my problem; I needed to see progress quickly to keep from giving up); it was hard. Now I want to lose 10 more, but slowly while toning. Not sure how much help that is, but it's the answer to your question...