Hi everyone - I am kind of new here

Options
I have used this website off and on but never actually USED the site. I am determined to really lose my weight this time so I thought I would use the site like I should. I will be turning 28 this weekend. I am saddened by the fact that while I was young and thin I didn't see it and now I am obese and not getting any younger and I can't believe what I have let myself become. I need to lose about 74 lbs total and I am 8 lbs down already. The good news is that I started this 'diet' by getting lab work done at the doctors and even though I am obese and I have an unhealthy family, my labs looked great! The dr. did put me on a diet pill for one month and I hope it helps boost my weight loss. I need to lose this weight. My father is diabetic, weighs 450 lbs and has had half of one leg amputated, my brother is over 300 lbs and his body is falling apart under the excess weight, one sister is over 300 lbs and the other has already had gastric bypass surgery and she is only 2 years older than I am. My husband can barely stand to look at me anymore. My children both talk about me being 'fat' like it is everyday conversation. I am not this person. I refuse to be fat any longer.... so any suggestions would be great.

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    We are glad to have you join us. It is hard when our families are harsh on us. But you can use this as a motivator and make it happen for you. Use the negatives for the positive. You are worth your time.

You can do this. Watching your food intake and getting active.
  • funky_macka
    Options
    Dear monnypennylane

My family is not quite so large but encourage really bad eating behavious to eat every half an hour very rich and heavy foods - althought they dont mean it in a bad way it contributes to bad eating behavious and gaining weight. I have had to re educate myself and just joined today and am determined to loose the pounds. I have put on 10 kilograms 20 lbs and my clothes are starting to be too small - my goal is to loose 15 kilograms approx 30 lbs to be in a healthy weight! I cant wait to get into shape and go shopping to get some great outfits! Families can be harsh I think you need to sit down with them and communicate with them that this upsets them and makes you feel worse - they should be encouraging you to a healthier lifestyle not bullying you into it

Hope your journey goes well!
    Mine too hopefully
  • garciabm
    Options
    You are off to a great start. Take one day at a time...one meal at a time and log all your food. You can do it! Drink lots of water and find something with low calories that you like and can endlessly snack on like: celery, carrots, string beans... at least for the first week or so. Love yourself now and don't let your kids talk negatively about you.
  • mommypennylane
    mommypennylane Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Water is such an issue for me because I hate the stuff. I force myself to drink propel but even w/ that I can barely manage 2 bottles a day.

My kids are young and really don't mean anything bad, it is probably from hearing me and my husband discussing my weight. I just don't want them growing up with weight issues or having ill feelings for people that might be overweight.

Thanks all for the encouragement!