5'4" and 196lbs

Options
So I am overweight. I lost 2 stone last year and people really noticed but I can't really remember how much weight I had lost before people actually started noticing. How much weight approximately will I have to lose before I or anybody else sees a significant difference?

Replies

• airwagn
    airwagn Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4" and started at 194, and am currently at 162. I felt the difference after ten pounds, and once I dipped below 180 compliments started rolling in. When I got right around 170 people started saying I looked great, and now at 160 people are saying I'm fit, or even skinny, though I wouldn't go as far as to say that- maybe they think I'm skinny compared to where I was? Whatever, if they THINK I'm skinny, then I'll take it!

Hang in there- they will catch on soon enough! =)
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I read once that it's about 10% of your starting weight before people really start to notice, and in my experience I've found that to be true. So, I started around 180 and I was almost down to 160 before people really took note (I'm talking people generally -- my close friends and family noticed sooner).
  • Kryssy8140
    Kryssy8140 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am in the same boat. I'm 5'4 and I'm starting my healthy journey at 183 pounds. I've been trying to loose weight with the master cleanse (lemonade juice fast) but it was KILLER not being able to eat so I am finally just limiting my calories, eating healthy and working out. Mind if I add you guys as friends for motivation? What did you guys do that really helped you lose weight.

Krystina
  • lisas1019
    lisas1019 Posts: 30
    Options
    I;m close to you.. I'm 5'5 started at 215, now 190. Not one person (besides my mom who knows how hard I am trying) has mentioned it to me... and I can't really even feel the difference..