A Wonderful Beginning

Options
My husband found this last night and I think its awesome.

download.png

Replies

• tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Awesome.
  • johannypoo
    johannypoo Posts: 13
    Options
    That is awesome!:smile:
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    This is pretty effin' sweet. Big or small, if you're putting in the efforts to change your life, much respect :) We all have to find out square one!!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I'd love it if more people who think that everyone who looks at them is thinking negative thoughts would read this. The language is harsh but the sentiment is spot on. Many of us who have hit our goals and appear to be one of "those guys" to you have been there and are quietly cheering you on.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I think this every time I see anyone out running, walking, jogging, biking, etc. Good for them, at least they're out doing something to better themselves!
  • thewordwarrior
    Options
    This is the most awesome thing I've seen in awhile. Thanks for the share!
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have several people that I "coach" ( according to THEM LOL).. and they need to see this...its what I tell them.. every start you make.. even if only for ten minutes is a victory!
  • scheer18
    scheer18 Posts: 11
    Options
    Love This!
  • Jspud11357
    Jspud11357 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    very touching..and deep. I can relate. do not totally understand who is talking, but can relate well anyways. This is an endless battle. I was almost winning, then slipped back mysteriously, never fully understanding what went wrong. I was feeling as though my age had totally sabotaged me, and I was no longer use any education that had worked in the past. Nothing worked. I was gaining almost daily while trying to lose.. and had a huge stomach for the first time in my life that even remained while flat on my back. OMG really scary. I wanted to enlist a diet dr. who offered pills yet knew it would effect my health badly.

This site restored some hope that something might work. I have lost nothing yet, but have hope. Everyone need hope, and faith to get through. It is the largest component for success. I was feeling so depressed and defeated. Now I am playing tennis or working out daily and modified my diet . I cut out bananas. also grapes. I can not eat after 7 anymore. This must work!!!I was gaining every time I got on the scale. Hopefully, I caught it in time to reverse the process.

I started thinking the demise was inevitable and irrreversible with age. I have always totally respected older women who remained in good shape and took care of themselves. I was fast becoming anything else but that woman. I was falling apart. depressing. I was going to weight watchers, paying, going to meetings, and gaining every week. There seemed to be no solution. I was drowning in something I wanted desperately to be rid of. I had always been the one in good shape, and never allowed more than 2 pounds to creep over my ideal weight. Now I am struggling to get close to a much higher weight. I had no energy to work out and detested it, was embarrassed to go to the gym. I lacked all motivation, confidence and focus. I am finally getting some back. It is like regaining focus after everything has gotten out of control and invisible, as one who has lost their way on a path to some unreachable destination.

Being vegan has made everything much more difficult, and I often resort to too many carbs to balance the absence/lack of animal protein, but I feel strongly about keeping them out of my diet. My diet of veggies and nuts is sometimes laden with too much fat, I suspect, and the fruits have too much sugar, so what to do? It seems almost impossible to figure this out. When I feel the need for protein, I will concede to eating shell fish on occasion, but I prefer to remain totally plant based if possible. Any suggestions here will be greatly appreciated. Who can live totally on beans and tofu? It is not a very interesting diet.
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'd love it if more people who think that everyone who looks at them is thinking negative thoughts would read this. The language is harsh but the sentiment is spot on. Many of us who have hit our goals and appear to be one of "those guys" to you have been there and are quietly cheering you on.

This!!!

OP, thanks for posting. The first time I saw this being posted I teared up a little because this is the exact situation my younger brother is in and I'm sooo proud of him! :)
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Actually quite cute :flowerforyou:
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    excellent,
    if only more people looked at others in that positive way the world would be a much happier place

thanks for sharing
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    thank you, OP. there is still some good in the world.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Love this. Thanks for posting!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    :heart: