Can someone tell me if i'm eating right?

Options
i'd really appreciate if somebody would take a look at my food entries and tell me if i'm on the right track with what i consume in my diet. Please i really would like some feedback, thankyou.

Replies

• RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I didn't think we could access each others food diaries? If so how?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I didn't think we could access each others food diaries? If so how?

You can but hers is set to private and isn't open to the public.

OP, open your food diary by going to setttings > diary settings and set your diary to public.
  • robinjjordan
    Options
    ok guys i set it to public!
  • jamie_lynn35
    jamie_lynn35 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I looked at your past several days worth of food logs. It looks like you're eating anywhere from 800 to 1000 calories a day. I would recommend eating at least 1200. Maybe you can add some fruit or vegetables to your meals or as additional snacks?
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    You are severely under eating!! I recommend to look at www.iifym.com and calculate your true required intake, and go from there. Eating at 900cals a day for any extended period of time is really damaging for your body. Your body likely needs 1400+ cals a day just to function normally (breathing, heart beating, processing nutrients) so eating so low is REALLY unhealthy.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more, undereating will not help you lose weight. Also I'm just warning you that someone might come on here and try to convince you that all the OMGbadprocessedfoods are bad for you. But if you're fine with it, thats fine. I eat a lot of processed foods and am still losing weight.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    In a word, no. You're not eating enough. You don't say how tall you are or how much you're aiming to lose but it looks like you've been logging for a week and only made a thousand calories on one day. You might think that's ok in the short term but give it another week or so and you'll be feeling dizzy and ill and not able to continue with it.

Look at the forums, work out what your measurements are and your goals are and factor in your exercise. As a minimum, you should eat at least 1200 and add your exercise calories on top of that (eg 1200 calories for the day plus 203 earned from exercise gives you 1403 calories to eat).

Your food choices are ok, try to eat more fresh fruit and vegetables, add in some nuts - variety is the key for me. Good luck, my diary is totally open if you want to peek.
  • JessieePoooh
    JessieePoooh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old cousin eats more than you. Lol
    Starving won't make you lose weight. It'll backfire in the end.
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    No, you're not eating right, your macros are messed up. Protein should be at least double, with a bit more fat, and about 70-80 less carbs
  • reneaandjohn
    Options
    The only way to see someone else's diary is to become a friend
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    The only way to see someone else's diary is to become a friend

not true. you can make your diary visible to the whole membership if you want.
  • robinjjordan
    Options
    hmm, this is the only diet ive been on where i actually feel full all day so even tho the calories r low im definitely not starving 3 meals a day and 2 snacks sounds normal to me. and my height is 5"4 im 163 lbs my short term goal right now is 150 lbs..
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    hmm, this is the only diet ive been on where i actually feel full all day so even tho the calories r low im definitely not starving 3 meals a day and 2 snacks sounds normal to me. and my height is 5"4 im 163 lbs my short term goal right now is 150 lbs..

that's an adaptation of your body. lots of people who get very defensive about being on 800 or 1000 calories use that reasoning. there are some very good threads on here about women who did the "low calorie" diet thing and felt they were fine because "they never felt hungry" and then after months or years of frustration, changed their mindset, upped their calories a bit, and started losing again. even if you feel full on 1000 calories, your body is still not getting enough calories or nutrients and that affects your hormones and can/will lead to a weight loss stall. it doesn't happen after 1 or 2 weeks, but it's almost inevitable that it will happen.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Energy drinks? why? If you are eating healthy (and enough) you won't need them!

Plus, check the dates on those things - some are so ancient check the "born on date" (hint code is xyz 1934, then second row is either a 2 or 3, 2 means 2012, 3 means 2013 then 3 diget number is julienc calendar for month and day)

So xyz1934 2 011 is ANCIENT (Jan 11, 2012)
  • thylortdw
    thylortdw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old cousin eats more than you. Lol
    Starving won't make you lose weight. It'll backfire in the end.

You have like an Energy everyday for Breakfast. Breakfast is going and should be your biggest meal of the day. So what are you trying to get, Energy? Work early in morning so you need an energy drink? No. They are simply terrible for you. If you eat a bigger breakfast, say some eggs, fruits, and yogurt, even smoothies. You'll have plenty enough energy. More than your monster you're drinking. As in your calorie intake. Think about this. Do you plan on eating 800-900 calories the REST of your life? No. There's no way. You most defiantly need to be eating more. You'll just regain it back. Also, you eat just about the same thing everyday, your body is used to it, You need to switch it up, and eat more. Eat more fruits, and different meals. Not the same.
  • thylortdw
    thylortdw Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I know a girl who is just about the EXACT same weight as you,and SAME height as you. She is eating 1200-1400 calories a day, and is eating more fruits, and bigger meals. Infact she lost over 3 pounds last week. What kind of diet are you on? Don't say it's the HCG diet. Where you're only supposed to eat 800 calories a day. Thats bs. You aren't going rest of your life eating that low calories. Think about that..
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You're smart to ask this question now, as a young adult

Everyone here has focused on how many calories you eat, but I'd like to address something else--the quality of those calories. You are eating almost entirely heavily processed foods. Not only are these laden with troublesome artificial ingredients and high salt, but when they are in the carbs family, they spike and drop your blood sugar levels, making it harder for your body to lose weight and making you hungrier.

You need more real food--whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, real meal. Deli meat is awful stuff. It's pretty easy to buy yourself a turkey breast and poach it so that what you have is real, unadulterated turkey. Lean Cuisine and other frozen meals are fine for the occasional emergency, but should not be an even remotely regular part of your diet. Fiber from apples and vegetables will fill you up and keep everything working better as well as given you vital micronutrients. Trying buying some Greek yogurt (more creamy and less sour than regular) plain. Add your favorite fruit and if you like a little stevia or truvia or even in a bit of honey. You can feel while eating it how much better it is for you...and it sure tastes better.
  • kgraves3
    kgraves3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It's not the amount of food that's the problem, it's what you're eating and the number of calories. If you don't eat more, you will go into starvation mode (even if you feel full), and you will stop burning fat and start burning lean muscle. This is not what you want! Not only will it nearly halt your weight loss, but when you DO reach your goal, you will not be toned and healthy looking, because you will have little to no lean muscle left. Not to mention, it's difficult to get adequate nutrition even on 1200 calories (though not at all impossible). On as few calories as you're eating, it IS nearly impossible, and you are indeed not getting good nutrition.

The fact that you aren't hungry does not mean you aren't starving.
    You aren't getting adequate nutrition.
    You will not be able to go the rest of your life eating this few calories, which means that as soon as you bump back up to a reasonable level to maintain, you will start gaining weight back.

Those are the main things to address. I once heard the rules for healthy eating put this way: Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. Remember those, and remember that "food" means REAL food, not processed food (or energy drinks!), and set a reasonable calorie goal (meaning absolutely not under 1200) and you should be set.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

I'm your same height and started a little lighter than you (145) and I ate more than you're eating now and lost weight just fine. Increase your calories, it works. Right now I'm NETTING 1430 a day to lose weight. That means if I exercise and burn 300 calories, I eat 1730 calories that day. You're not doing yourself any favors by eating 1000 calories a day. In the long run you'll slow your metabolism and be a "yo-yo dieter" for life. If you don't believe us, take some time to read around the boards; there are PLENTY of people who used to be in your exact same situation and regretted it.

And the reason you don't feel hungry is because under eating messes with your hormones (specifically a hormone called Leptin, which tells your brain if you are hungry or not). When you don't eat enough, your body stops producing the "hunger " signal. It doesn't mean you're actually not hungry and yes, you can be starving yourself slowly even if you don't feel hungry at all.

Feel free to add me as a friend and check out my diary (not today though cause it's a HUGE cheat day). Eating more is the healthiest, safest, and most maintainable way to lose weight.