Third times the charm right? Looking for motivating friends.

Options
Hi MFP! This is my third attempt at losing my extra weight. I joined MFP at the recommendation of a friend of mine who has lost 50+ pounds using this site and a co-worker as well. My ticker tells me I have 64 pounds to go before I hit my target weight loss goal. It sounds like such a small number but me thinks that these 64 pounds are my "Everest." I've always been on the heavy side my whole life. Then 15 months ago my niece was born and I decided it was time to get my crap together and lose the weight. I want to be a good role model for her and I want to be able to run circles around her later on instead of the other way around.

I'm a big ole stress eater too. Life gets hard and I indulge in some yummy junk food. I've been getting better about what I put in but it's still a struggle. My water intake is not great either but it's getting better too.

Basically, when I turn 30 next February I want to feel younger than I am. Right now I feel way older than I am and it needs to stop. I'm looking for motivating friends who want to follow along and help motivate me while I climb my "Everest." Is that you?

Replies

• greenmm1980
    greenmm1980 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    One step at a time! Dont give up on yourself. You have what it takes to reach your goals. Welcome to MFP!
  • Jameson1984
    Jameson1984 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I can hardly wait to see the changes!
  • deeds2785
    deeds2785 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Add me if you like, I log on every day and would love to offer some suppert :)
  • happymum37
    happymum37 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm a newbie too so hopefully we can support each other. Good pick and feel free to add me x
  • happymum37
    happymum37 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sorry that's supposed to say good luck-stupid predictive text :-)