Ladies that went from flabby to buff- show me your pics!

Options
mrsriisky
mrsriisky Posts: 129 Member
So, after a life time of being focused on "losing weight"- I am finally ready to throw out the scale and get TONED! I see all of these amazing transformations on here- has anyone been close to their goal weight and decided to stop focusing on the number on the scale to focus on getting toned and strong?

I am 5'5 and have been everywhere from 112 (obsessively counting calories and doing cardio, but I looked sickly!) to 143 (not exercising for a few years and subsisting on junk food and Mai Tais when I lived in Hawaii!). Right now I'm around 129 after drastically changing my eating habits and eating healthier foods, and ready to start getting toned. I have begun 30 day shred, and plan to start lifting heavy- I never want to be as thin and gaunt as my lowest, or as bloated and weak as my heaviest.

I need some inspiration! Or at least to see that it is possible for an average gal without 6 hours to spend in the gym every day to get toned, strong, "buff", etc. Show me some pictures so I can get pumped for today's workout!

Replies

• LouiseZoeH
    LouiseZoeH Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So I have not reached my goal, and I wouldn't say that I've gone from flabby to buff....yet, but I have been lifting heavy and I love it. I have friends who have lost more weight then I have currently (52 pounds) and I look like I have lost more then them, and I'm conviced it's because I am also lifting! It changes my body shape, and I am developing those muscles, and it's addicting! I love it and am having so much fun challenging myself to see what I can really do! And I love feeling strong!
  • mrsriisky
    mrsriisky Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    So I have not reached my goal, and I wouldn't say that I've gone from flabby to buff....yet, but I have been lifting heavy and I love it. I have friends who have lost more weight then I have currently (52 pounds) and I look like I have lost more then them, and I'm conviced it's because I am also lifting! It changes my body shape, and I am developing those muscles, and it's addicting! I love it and am having so much fun challenging myself to see what I can really do! And I love feeling strong!

Good for you! Does lifting heavy get easier as you progress? I know that you have to keep challenging yourself to get results, I'm jut wondering if you get to a point that you are as constantly sore once your body starts getting conditioned... I want to start feeling strong and capable!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!