Skinny Clothes!!

Options
I'm a natural pear shape, with big hips and thighs (and calves, ugh!). Because I'm bigger on the bottom, I'm always afraid to wear anything that shows my legs. Hence, I haven't worn a dress or (gasp!) a pair of shorts in years. For all the success stories out there, what piece of clothing was it your goal to fit into? And how great did you feel when you finally got into it? :D Pictures?!

For those--like me--still working toward the goal, what's your goal item?

I'm not sure if I should do this or not, but I'm thinking about finding a really great dress, something I would never wear now, and buy it as my inspiration :D

Replies

• Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I had a few goal pieces of clothing, but my summer goal clothes (a specific pair of jeans and three pairs of shorts) are all verging on too big now :smile:. I'll try to remember to get pics of it.

I think I tossed anything smaller than what I currently fit into in my closet, so it may be time for a shopping trip soon :smile:.

A goal piece of clothing is good, but pay attention to the cut/silhouette. There are lots of dresses that are still just the wrong shape for me even though I'm smaller now. Had I bought them as a goal, they'd still be unwearable (e.g. I'm really short, and short-waisted, so non-petite dresses that have a built-in waist usually have said waist closer to my hips - looks awkward). Maybe try them on in your current size to make sure it's a general fit for your shape, then buy it a few (or more than a few if you're ambitious!) sizes smaller :flowerforyou:.
  • thewordwarrior
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! And congrats on your goal clothes now being too big!!
  • crazyten
    crazyten Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi. I believe I am also pear shaped, big thighs, bums and calves, although they are getting smaller but I have been told I look awesome in shorts and dresses. There are some dress cuts that make my bum look extra ordinary big but you should really try skinny jeans as well. As for goal item, I have none, I just want to look good in anything I pick up.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I am a pear/hourglass,(in my mind anyways), and I love capris. But I wore SHORTS in public. Not just public, but WORKOUT public. Lol. I just want to be Comfortable in shorts.
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My aim is to wear size 2 hot shorts. Still can't wear them yet, my thighs are a major problem!
  • misssexybelt
    Options
    i like naked. naked works for me
  • djgoing
    djgoing Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started my journey wearing size 20/22 now I'm in 15/16 I always buy one outfit tht is a size to small then work to fit into it my goal now is a size 12 hope to get there by xmas good luck you can do this:-)
  • knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Options
    I haven't bought any goal clothing because I don't have any idea what size I'll be at the end of this. I'm also apple-shaped and I don't know if I'll ever have a really defined waist or if my belly will really go away (at least I have trouble believing it's possible).

I have, however, bought a few things at a time where they were a little tight on me and worked to fit into them, but that was less about motivation and more about "I have the money now, I like this, it will fit me soon, I'll buy it".

I just have a feeling if I bought a goal dress, or whatever, it would never end up fitting even if I get to my goal.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I started at a 12/14 and am now to a 6/8 ish. Depends on water weight if I can wear my 6 skinny jeans or have to get out the 8's. But skinny jeans was my first goal. Then I love that my upper arms got slimmed down enough that I felt comfortable in tank tops so just bought a bunch of short sleeves and pretty ruffled tanks in all sorts of colors n lace. For a long time I was wearing those 3/4 length sleeves. NOT anymore!! Donated all of them!

Finally got into shorts too. Only own one pair so far but am planning on buying a few more really soon. Haven't worn shorts in several years. Mostly due to injections I had to give myself right into the tops of my thighs which left dents and bruises. No more shots so gotta get those shorts!!!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I got some jeans that were a little /too/ tight. Almost impossible to button up and the zipper couldn't be done up.

Now they are almost comfortable! The zipper does come undone when I sit down though, so that's my next NSV - for them to stay fitting right all the time.

Oh, and they're high waist :D:D
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    A bikini is my goal now. In the beginning, i really just wanted to wear my old jeans that i had in my closet. They were size 18 and 20s. I was in a tight 22. I've long since tackled that milestone and even donated those. I'm now a size 8 and am looking toward a bikini. But for now, i'm wearing tight tank tops and leggings, which is another trend i wanted to wear one day.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    A bikini is my goal now. In the beginning, i really just wanted to wear my old jeans that i had in my closet. They were size 18 and 20s. I was in a tight 22. I've long since tackled that milestone and even donated those. I'm now a size 8 and am looking toward a bikini. But for now, i'm wearing tight tank tops and leggings, which is another trend i wanted to wear one day.

leggins.jpg
  • lexherrera
    lexherrera Posts: 56 Member
    Options

leggins.jpg

But I rather like my *kitten* and they're damn comfortable so you'll just have to stare at my lovely rump when I'm picking out produce at the grocery store. ;D
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options

leggins.jpg

But I rather like my *kitten* and they're damn comfortable so you'll just have to stare at my lovely rump when I'm picking out produce at the grocery store. ;D

lol look forward to seeing you in the people of walmart video lol

601384_10151448599571764_1005784699_n.jpg
    how NOT to wear leggings lol

560133_10151540363216764_1105405435_n.jpg
  • carriespence1
    carriespence1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

leggins.jpg

I'm with you! I wear my yoga pants everywhere. Have on my first pair of jeans right now for the first time since January lol
  • sweetpea129
    Options

leggins.jpg

Ha! Sorry to break it to ya but in my life they are totally pants and worn at least 3 times a week. My *kitten* looks damn good in them too so they arent going anywhere LOL!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options

leggins.jpg

Ha! Sorry to break it to ya but in my life they are totally pants and worn at least 3 times a week. My *kitten* looks damn good in them too so they arent going anywhere LOL!

as long as you think so thats alllll that matters :laugh:
  • sweetpea129
    Options

leggins.jpg

I'm with you! I wear my yoga pants everywhere. Have on my first pair of jeans right now for the first time since January lol

Ha ha, I cant even remember the last time i wore jeans! Shoot, i'm a mom to 2 toddlers. I dont find jeans comfortable at all to bend down, twist, turn. I love my leggings and yoga pants!
  • kristinadalba
    Options
    Im definitely a pear shape as well.
    5"6 155lbs
    Lost over twenty lbs so far,but goal is 135lbs
    Thick thighs,wide hips,medium calves,and a big butt!
    Love ,y shape but toning and slimming need to be done.
    Haven't worn shorts since the third grade,that's a goal
    Walking in a bikini without being whip lashed by the jiggle is another goal.
    Also fit into my old jeans is a major
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn shorts since about middle school! I am looking forward to getting into pre-pregnancy size 6 jeans that are from over 10 years ago! I still have a ways to go...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!