Before & During 50lbs down

Options
9108120225_2d5d2e8907.jpg

Ok, so I have been seriously working my hardest to lose my weight since Nov 2012. I started at 215/210ish and right now I am sitting at 168. My highest weight in life was 220/230ish (the picture on the left was in 2010 at that weight - the one on the right was me yesterday june 21, 2013)

Yesterday at work I told the girl I was working with I’ve lost almost 50lbs since November and she asked to see a before pic. All I had was this one on the left from 2010 so I showed it to her and she goes “looks like you only lost 10 to me….”

Say what?!?!?!

I have gone from a size 17 jeans to a very lose 11!! XL shirt to medium! And to top it off, this picture was 10-15lbs MORE than where I started back in November and was giving myself credit for!

I could not believe her response! But it was just the motivation I needed to keep going and keep kicking *kitten* at this! My goal range is 135-150ish. I dont really have a set number in mind, I just want to be happy and healthy and I know my body will let me know when I reach my ultimate goal weight.

If anyone sees this and has been or is struggling, DONT GIVE UP! I am the worlds laziest person, I fall off the band wagon A LOT! I HATE being sweaty and my husband and I live on a very tight budget of $130 for groceries every 2 weeks. If I can find 40 min to get off my *kitten* and break a sweat a day and If I can budget our money for clean healthy eating you can too!

Just remember never give up! Just keep going! It pretty much comes down to how bad do you want it?

Replies

• doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your co-worker is a bit jealous of how well you have done. You look fanatastic and you can certainly tell that you lost much more then 10lbs. Congratulations and keep up the good work.
  • jesuison
    jesuison Posts: 34
    Options
    You look terrific girl! It made a big difference! Bask in the glory!

Ugh, jealous coworker. I have a "friend" that says stuff like that. They don't realize how jealous they sound when they do that, either, which I take great joy in. Some people are just unhappy with themselves, and that is really what you are hearing.
  • alisaprince1
    Options
    Home girl is either jealous our has no clue what 10 lbs looks like! Maybe both lol...looking good girlie keep it up!
  • KeishaJo
    KeishaJo Posts: 45
    Options
    You look marvelous!!!! You should be so proud of yourself girl- you are certainly inspiring me!!!!
  • gillmitch
    gillmitch Posts: 64
    Options
    you look fab well done :)
  • britt7786
    britt7786 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look fabulous.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Please tell me you didnt ignore her comment, tell me you slapped her in the gob for it?

You have done amazingly well and sounds like you continue to do so

Congratulations on your amazing work!
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    sounds to me like the girl you work with may be a tad jealous
    those who are jealous of ones weight loss tend to be the more snooty negative ones. or may put it off like you haven't lost that much.
    I predict this to my best friend when I los about 40,,,she'll say something just like that then ill be reminded why I barley hang with her anymore. cause of her negativity and unsupportiveness to my lifestyle change.

I think you look great and you look like a totally new happier version of you!.

I too, live on a low budget so I have to make do with what I have and ive lost 13 pounds so far...I started in late may.
  • Tamm04
    Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I hope you smiled and said "Don't be a hater" before walking away. You deserve to be happy with yourself and your accomplishment. Sounds like envy to me.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    congrats! you look great.
  • ShauniePooh
    ShauniePooh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely positively without a shadow of doubt FANTABULOUS!!!!! Keep up the great work! I am definitely INSPIRED. . . I WILL do it too!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Home girl is either jealous our has no clue what 10 lbs looks like! Maybe both lol...looking good girlie keep it up!
    I think both

OP you ignore her. You look wonderful!!
  • Aweaver1990
    Options
    You look AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Waynes_World
    Waynes_World Posts: 333
    Options
    Awesome job!!! You look amazing ;}
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your co-worker is a bit jealous of how well you have done. You look fanatastic and you can certainly tell that you lost much more then 10lbs. Congratulations and keep up the good work.
    No kidding that was a definite remark by someone that is jealous...you are doing awesome!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Coworker is surely jealous. The ONLY reason I can think of that she would say it is that the loose shirt in the before picture could be deceiving, but honestly, she's nuts! You look great!
  • TundraSwan
    TundraSwan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, how did you do it?

Methinks perhaps your coworker was jealous!
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You look brilliant! I think you should of dropped kicked her or thrown a 50lb weight at her and said does that feel like 10lbs biiiiaaatttchhh!!! Haha keep up the good work :)
  • nclind
    nclind Posts: 3
    Options
    Before I even read what you had to say, my first thought was how amazing it is when a beautiful person appears from beneath a layer of extra baggage. She is probably jealous because I am certain you are now a bit of a head turner.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow, not sure what your coworker's issue is, but you look great and you can see a huge difference! Way to go! Celebrate with people who support you and care for you and disregard the ones who undercut your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!