Should I or should I not Recalculate my calories???

Options
I have successfully lost 32 lbs! Yay me!! When ever I loose 10 lbs MFP tells me that I should readjust my caloric intake. Usually I bite the bullet and I proceed as requested. However, Today I hit that 10 lb mark again but I am not sure if I should readjust my calorie goals. As of late I have been loosing more than 1 lb per week. I don't want to damage the progress that I have made.

So what do you think. Should I adjust or should I stick with where I'm at for a little longer?

Replies

• sylo1609
    sylo1609 Posts: 36
    Options
    First of all, congratz on your success! :)

Depends on whether you wanna keep losing weight at this rate.
    Less weight = Lower BMR/TDEE ---> less calories needed to maintain/lose weight (at least in theory)
    However, 10lbs won't make a huge difference concerning BMR/TDEE, so I wouldn't worry too much.
  • latinstarlite1
    latinstarlite1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratz on your success! :)

Depends on whether you wanna keep losing weight at this rate.
    Less weight = Lower BMR/TDEE ---> less calories needed to maintain/lose weight (at least in theory)
    However, 10lbs won't make a huge difference concerning BMR/TDEE, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Ty TY.. I am very proud of myself. I have lost nearly 4 pant sizes... I was so excited when I pulled out my Shorts and they were waaaay to big and a few pair from Years ago fit perfectly! lol

Anywho, I didn't think it would make that much of a difference. Plus every time I allow MFP to change my calories count it lowers it by 100 calories or more. Then I feel like I'm starving for weeks until I get used to it
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I would keep as is until your weight loss slows down.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    First (hands clapping loudly and long for your amazing loss) congrats!!!! I'm far from an expert but I think its completely your call. If you're still losing and don't want the calories reduced, leave it alone. If you stop losing you can always lower it or up it whatever. Congratulations again to you:flowerforyou:
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Where does MFP tell you that? I am almost to 30 pounds and it hasn't promted me to change?
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Try calculating your TDEE instead of using mfp - you may find you can eat more every day instead of just on workout days. Also, lift heavy things and improve your metabolism (so you can eat more). mfp had me at 1200 plus eating back exercise calories. TDEE has me at 2000 per day without eating back exercise calories and both methods work, but I like eating more every day and not just workout days.