Sports bra help

Options
I am a busty gal! lol...my whole life I've been a dancer, and would duct tape my girls under costumes (not across the girls, under and around!) Since my competition days have been over, I've been doubling up...one regular underwire bra with a sports bra over it. It's time for me to invest but I don't know where to start! Any suggestions?

I wear a 42DD, if that helps!

Replies

• SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I wear a 32DD and find shock absorber to be the best
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of Moving Comfort. Their Fiona bra is great. Plus it comes in cute sassy colors.

If you go into search and try typing in Sports Bras you will find about half a billion topics on this that all should offer some great suggestions as well. :)
  • Airforcewife0808
    Options
    i'm interested in this as I am a 42 F. I'm weighing my options so this is helpful
  • BeaterEater
    Options
    As a 32F, I love Panache's sports line! :)
  • MrsNolf
    MrsNolf Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I SWEAR by the tata tamer from Lululemon. It isn't cheap, but I've been wearing mine regularly for 2.5 years and it is still in great shape! It comes in fun colors and most importantly it keeps the girls immobile. I do Jillian Michael DVDs and elliptical training mostly and have no bounce/pain!
  • sarafer1
    sarafer1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    MOVING COMFORT FIONA! I'm also 42DD and it is the best bra I have EVER worn. I do high intensity cardio and my boobs stay right where they should :)
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Buy Under Armour sports bras. I've got two pairs of them and they work GREAT :)
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    34E or DD here, and I have used the Fiona (Moving Comfort), Glamorise 1066, and Shock Absorber. All of them are great and have served me well for running. The Glamorise is probably the cheapest. The Fiona runs the smallest I think and it is most like a traditional sports bra (the others are more separating).

I recommend going in to get fit for a sports bra if you can. My running store (Fleet Feet, it's a franchise, so you might have one near you) offers a free fitting service and prides themselves on having a very wide range of sizes. I actually have been able to buy bras in the store there and that hardly ever happens at my size.
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    the biggest cup size i could find in sports bras was 34hh which is my size and they were too small, not enough support and still gaped underneath, i find a good brand name supportive bra and a tight fitted stretchy top or 2 works well :)
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    34FF/G nike or shock absorbers
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    shock absorber is the best.
  • Twixxy
    Twixxy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Try the Shock Absorber Active D+ Classic Support. Good for sizes D-H.
  • JenNuma
    JenNuma Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Good info here!
  • dancer1178
    dancer1178 Posts: 50
    Options
    Thanks a bunch! I appreciate all the feedback! I will def look into the brands mentioned here! xo
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I swear by "The Last Resort" .. the only 5 barbell bra sold by Title Nine. I'm a 36 DD
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    the biggest cup size i could find in sports bras was 34hh which is my size and they were too small, not enough support and still gaped underneath, i find a good brand name supportive bra and a tight fitted stretchy top or 2 works well :)

Have you tried Freya Active underwired bras? They go up to a K cup, but I find they tend to be biggish in the band, so you might want to go down a band and up a cup (32J).
  • Msfenae
    Msfenae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wear can I purchase the shock absorber?
  • TriClaudia
    TriClaudia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the ones mentioned by others here, but I swear by Enell. I'm wearing one under my tri-top in my picture. Swim, bike, and run!
  • Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    Shock absorber fo sho
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options

Have you tried Freya Active underwired bras? They go up to a K cup, but I find they tend to be biggish in the band, so you might want to go down a band and up a cup (32J).

yes i have,..but ill try the 32J :wink: