First Day with myfitness

Options
I have lost 9 pounds since May 18, my goal is to lose 2-3lbs a week. So far I have been steady, but I am finding it difficult to stay on track. I hope this forum will help keep me stay motivated and if you need a friend, just ask, because I need someone to be accountable too.

I am losing weight for health reasons, so I pray this is motivation enough, I have tried time and time again but to no avail. Help!

Replies

• bearsfan67
    bearsfan67 Posts: 57
    Options
    You have achieved the first step in coming here!!! Good luck with your weight loss!!!!
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Don't aim for a quick loose.
    Aim for a slow and loose for-ever.

Welcome and be a logger4live
  • JessekaKing
    JessekaKing Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You've got this...you will FALL off the horse, that's ok. What counts is you getting your tooshie back up in the saddle!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    sent you a FR. Best wishes and welcome
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just someone said in an earlier post, you may fall off of the most important thing is to get up, dust yourself and KEEP IT MOVIN' :bigsmile: . Welcome and once you begin to see changes in your body and mind, you won't ever want to go back!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Great job on your loss already!! Don't try to rush your weight loss, it will happen. I started losing for health reasons as well, and that is what keeps me going. Set small goals to reach, most of my goals are fitness related. Start small, when I started biking I did 5 minutes a day. Slowly kept increasing that each week pushing a little more, now I do 25-30 miles at least 3 times a week.

You can do this, set attainable goals and go after them. If you stumble get back up and keep going.

Best Wishes to you
  • yuko120
    yuko120 Posts: 36
    Options
    Support is the key in weight loss, and this site is wonderful in that aspect. I've tried so many lose-quick diets and lost weight, only to gain back more after I stop doing the diet. Don't think of this journey as another 'diet', but more like a life-style change for the rest of your life. We are all human and we are not perfect, so we're not going to eat perfect everyday either. That's ok. Everyone on this site is very supportive and live busy lives, so everyone understands this change is not going to be easy.

Joining this site was a great step forward for you. Don't crash-diet and try to lose a lot too fast. You didn't gain weight over-night, so it will take time to get it off....and quick diets just doesn't work. Take baby steps and make healthier decisions everyday, and ultimately you will begin to see results. I log my food even when I eat bad, to hold myself accountable. If you mess-up, just get back on track the next day. Just remember not to give-up! You need to remember that you are worth all the hard work and sacrifices you make on this journey. We are all here for you! :-)
  • kerriannspringer
    Options
    I've signed up because I'm 37 have high blood pressure and my weight is 235. I'm depressed a lot. I know I need to loose the weight but I haven't done anything about it. so today is my day to start. I can't afford to join the gym so i'm mostly going to start walking around my neighbourhood