WOOHOO I'M OBESE!!!

Options
Who would have ever thought I would be happy to be obese? At my heaviest I was 315.3 lbs and had a BMI of 51 (morbidly obese). Today I weighed in at 245.4 which makes my BMI 39.6 so I can officially stop being morbid and just be obese for a while. I'll let you all know when I'm overweight, it wont be for sometime but I will get there. :bigsmile:

Replies

• pickledlilly
    pickledlilly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. When I went overweight from obese I was ecstatic, It's really funny because when you put weight on and go into that bracket you are so depressed.

Its great and I bet you are feeling so much better, well done.
  • jez838
    jez838 Posts: 216
    Options
    Who would have ever thought I would be happy to be obese? At my heaviest I was 315.3 lbs and had a BMI of 51 (morbidly obese). Today I weighed in at 245.4 which makes my BMI 39.6 so I can officially stop being morbid and just be obese for a while. I'll let you all know when I'm overweight, it wont be for sometime but I will get there. :bigsmile:

Well done moving down a category!
    I am in the obese category too. My first goal is to get into the overweight category. I will be delighted to be called overweight.
  • netgirl224
    Options
    That is definately an achievement - keep it up! You are getting more fit & healthy by the day..congrats! :)
  • rodney73
    rodney73 Posts: 15
    Options
    well done
  • macteague
    Options
    Well done
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That's a HUGE accomplishment. Congratulations!!! :drinker:
  • k2charmed4u
    Options
    Well you have to be proud of yourself because that's fantastic!
    I'm classed as obese at the moment but just a few more pounds and I will be classed as overweight. I can't weight (pardon the pun) to be in that catergory :) Yeay!
  • Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i'm in the same boat as you...way to go!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I still have a LONG way to go before I'm in that category. lol

Congratulations on the weight loss! That's awesome! Moving out of the "morbid" category has got to feel pretty good! Personally I never understood why they call it that, it's a stupid name and makes it sound so ....morbid. heh

Instead of "Overweight", "Obese" and "Morbid Obese" it should be like "Plump", "Chunky", and "Hefty" ...or something like that. lol
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I want to add my congratulations. When I moved from obese to overweight I was estatic. I went on vacation for a week and moved back into obese. What a bummer! Now, I've gotten back on the horse, am overweight and working towards healthy. Keep up the good (and hard) work!:smile:
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Huzzah! You aren't morbid! You are positive! Heading in a positive direction. Go, go, go!
  • kimmi33
    kimmi33 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    its the small steps that counts...Congrats on your acheivement!!!:wink:
  • JennaGermain
    Options
    It's always good to not be morbid lol.
  • Cassandra1219
    Options
    Well done:)
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words :happy:
  • SailorGirlKate
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work!
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far! Keep up the good work :smile:
  • urmyeffinstar
    urmyeffinstar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I remember when I went from obese to overweight, I was so excited as I have been obese almost my whole life! Now I am 16 pounds away from being at the top of a normal weight for someone at my height :)))
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I totally understand why your excited. Im on the border of morbidly obese and obese. I am going to love not being called morbidly. I will take obese any day over that. Before we know it, we will just be over weight according to our BMI. Keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!