can't live without??

Options
xojox
xojox Posts: 187 Member
What is the one thing that you HAVE to have - even though you know its no good for you :blushing: ? and how do you incorporate it into you daily food?

Mine is a packet of crisps (or whatever you call them where you're from), i just cannot go without !! i've managed by trying to eat much lower calorie ones as snacks - like walkers french fries, quavers. And always from multipacks, because they're usually smaller portions.

As much as i'm ashamed to say it i limit myself to 1 packet a day now as well!!:embarassed:

Replies

• marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Why are you ashamed.....You have lost 21 pounds... and you are enjoying something in your diet..... So you didn't go cold turkey.... so what..... the day will come when you won't need or want them...... You made a choice to include them.... you must be sticking to calories or you wouldn't be losing weight..... Celebrate honey.... you have accomplished a cool thing. The next thing to do... if you want to eliminate them at some point... when you feel you want crisps... before you eat them ask yourself why do you want them...... what are you really feeding..... what emotion, thought , or fear are you trying to calm?? When you can answer that you have one more tool in your tool belt to eventually eliminating them....

Negative emotions.... shame guilt and fear associated with eating is WRONG....UNHEALTHY.... and will contribute to you gaining weight... Sounds mad... but I know this as a fact......

So... Celebrate Yourself.. You are making progress... You accomplished cutting down the amount less than healthy food....
    YOU ARE FABULOUS. Put on your wall I AM FABULOUS.
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    chocolate:happy: I am not planning on ever eliminating it from my diet - but I have definately cut back & tried to really enjoy & savor it.
  • mommypennylane
    mommypennylane Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I can't think of any food that I just must have but sweet tea is something I don't think I could ever give up. I have decided to try cutting back to only one glass a day but I couldn't quit it completely. I drink it because I love the taste and it reminds me of my childhood, my mother could (still can) make the best sweet tea. Some days a glass of tea is like a warm blanket and an old photo album, it just feels that good. :)
  • Peridotite
    Options
    CHOCOLATE!!!!! I have to have it or else I am no pleasant :tongue: , well maybe not that bad. But I have some everyday, even if it doesn't make it to my food diary :blushing: . And no matter what I won't be giving it up!. I'm on a diet, not dead :laugh: . I think even when trying to loose weight you should be enjoying what you eat. And althought I do enjoy the food I eat (trust me I do NOT deprived myself) I LOVE:heart: my chocolate, so I eat it.

So nothing to be ashamed of. You are eating what you like and losing weight. Life it good:bigsmile: .
  • ysaidpie
    ysaidpie Posts: 83
    Options
    Coffee with real sugar. Unfortunatly I need about a tablespoon per cup (I like dark brewed coffee) so it puts a large dent in my sugar intake for the day. But I gotta have it. I used to drink a minimum of 2 cups a day but up to 4. So I have limited myself to one cup. Oh yeah, and I have cut out cream, half & half, whatever you call it where you are. Again a difficult thing being that I like dark brews. I substitute with soy milk and enjoy it more than creamer!
  • Drews_girl
    Options
    I guess for me it's bread. Doesn't matter what kind but I have to have it. I'm not a huge sweets eater, but I love my starches and empty carbs. Ugh!
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    MOE'S!!! Luckily I can modify it and fit it in quite nicely.
  • hammycat86
    Options
    I can't live without dessert after dinner. Any kind. Just have gotten used to that something sweet. Sometimes it's ice cream, sometimes its a bite of chocolate. I'm looking for better alternatives such as jello or something lo-cal.
    Also my TRUE weakness is loaded cheese fries - jalepenos, bacon and sour cream included. For obvious reasons I don't go for that often, but sometimes I just gotta have 'em
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I can't live without dessert after dinner. Any kind. Just have gotten used to that something sweet. Sometimes it's ice cream, sometimes its a bite of chocolate. I'm looking for better alternatives such as jello or something lo-cal.
    Also my TRUE weakness is loaded cheese fries - jalepenos, bacon and sour cream included. For obvious reasons I don't go for that often, but sometimes I just gotta have 'em

Try Skinny cow ice cream... I'm the same way. Or 40 calories fudgesicles seem to do the trick for me too!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I am learning to eat a lot healthier but I do have my foods that I know I will never be able to give up so I have the real thing in moderation and smaller portions. These include:

my meat lasagna (which really is not that bad, under 400cal per slice)
    Cheese-I love it on sandwhiches, cheese fries etc...
    Guacamole/avacados-well its not bad for you but I just have to watch my calorie counts with it since I recently discovered that I like it and can't get enough of it!
    Chocolate/icecream--I love my skinny cows and will usually pass up other brands now!