JM - Ripped in 30 - Week 3 - HELP!

Options
Hi, all! So, yesterday, I started Ripped in 30, Week 3... and I have to say, I am struggling. The one I am having the most trouble with is the last strength circuit. I am trying so hard to do these moves, but they are really difficult for me to get through a whole set. My fiance has been helping me with form, but with very little upper body strength, I'm finding it really hard.

Any words of encouragement would help! Has anyone else struggled with this week as bad as I am? Thank you so much!!!

Replies

• nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    .. Bueller? ^__^
  • 16jnekola
    16jnekola Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I haven't done Ripped in 30, but I have started Jillian Michaels 6 Week Six Pack, and I'm sore! I find it difficult at times but I just think about how good I'm going to feel about myself once I'm finished with the workout. Pushing through some of the workouts is a challenge, but I just tell myself, give these next few seconds your all and then move on to the next exercise. I make sure to praise myself mentally and out loud saying "I'm proud of you" and "Good job pushing through the pain." when I'm all done, and I think about that as workout too. Hope this helps!:smile:
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I got through week 3 last week, and it was tough! WHEW! What is it that is giving you the most trouble?
    (The good news, I don't find week 4 nearly as tough as weeks 2 & 3)
  • hol_lou85
    hol_lou85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i completed my second day of week 3 and i feel useless, i seem to spend most of the third strength circuit on on the floor because i simply dont have the strength to complete it! i know i need to build up my upper body, but the moves seem to advanced for me to even start them.
  • AprilKnits
    AprilKnits Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also currently working through Level 3 and, yes, its proving a challenge! I flew through 30dShred and the 1st 2 levels and now this is kicking my butt! I am not trying to keep to the time schedule, just using it as a good indoor work out for when the kids are home and I alternate it with my endurance cardio. I have decided to keep going until I can complete all the reps before I move onto level 4. That could take a while with those damn duck walks! Keep going - this is how you get fitter and stronger
  • mdivamuffin
    mdivamuffin Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sometimes i substitute some of the moves for ones I can do. Maybe it's cheating but I'm still working out :tongue: E.G. I do jumping jacks or high knees instead of some of the plank cardio moves
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    myverticalsmi: that's exactly my issue!! the 3rd strength circuit, I just end up doing bridges & push-ups on the floor because my upper body can't hold me up in those positions yet!

fitfully_me: that stupid 3rd strength circuit :(

sorry for not replying sooner, ladies! my notifications didn't go off!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Modify modify modify. Do what you can, push to your max, and your body will adjust and improve. When I started the Shred, I couldn't do a single push-up. After 30 days of going through the whole thing, despite not being able to do Level 3 perfectly, I went back to Level 1, and was able to do several real push-ups in a row! Keep up the great effort!