SPAIN VACATION

Options
so i leave for spain in 9 days! but I am nervous about what I can eat as I am lactose intolerant and am afraid I am going to find staying away from dairy a problem! also I dont eat meat besides fish and eggs

anyone been to spain and have any suggestionss?

Replies

• byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    for lactose intolerance you can take a lactaid enyzme.
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    I am off to Spain on Saturday myself.

A lot of restaurants/cafes in Spain tend to be ran by English families and have a very british menu available, so you will probably find it easy to find an old favourite.

As for the spanish food, there are lots of amazing fish restaurants, not sure where exactly you are going but I have been to Fueringirola (?) and Benidorm both had LOADS of restaurants with lots of fresh fish and salad etc
  • epappas09
    epappas09 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    the enzyme no longer works for me as my body is immune to it as i have been lactose intolerant for so long
  • NicolePayne
    NicolePayne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We lived in Spain for a couple of years, and it really depends on what region you are going to be in. Anything coastal or southern will be good for fish, central does tend to lean more towards beef and chicken. Gazpacho (a cold tomato based veggie soup) and paella are very ethnic to the entire country, and there is fish available to eat in the paella (along with other meats), and the soup is amazingly good (and very healthy)- especially with the hot weather this time of year. I found that butter was the biggest dairy staple there, just be sure to have a good dictionary with you if you don't speak spanish...but enjoy!! It's a beautiful country!!