hey all im new to the fourms

Options
Hi my name is Gordon albert I'm new to the forums but I'm 22 and I'm looking for a motivator to lose weight and potential join the military I weight quit a bit and it hard to eat healthy food because my family wont buy healthy because it to expensive I recently got laid off so I'm diving head first into this weight loss thanks for Reading and hope to hear from someone

Replies

• VanessaG02
    VanessaG02 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Gordon Albert, Welcome to MFP!!! I'm Vanessa. Your off to a great start. Having the right attitude and mind set is the first step. It sucks that your family isn't very supportive. I know that makes things difficult especially if all the wrong kinds of food are all around you. Just remember moderation. You can still lose weight and get in shape! MFP is a great place for motivation and support... so your definitely in the right place! Feel free to add me if you'd like. I log in everyday and try my best to work out too on a daily basis. Joining the military is a great incentive. Just stay focused and you can definitely reach your goals!
  • gordonjr05
    Options
    hey thanks for the welcoming I really appreciate it the support is what I need right now :)
  • gordonjr05
    Options
    hey thanks for the welcoming vanessa I really appreciate it the support is what I need right now :)
  • JessekaKing
    JessekaKing Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey Gordon! My name is Jesseka and I've been in the Air Force for 10 years now. Feel free to add me. I'd love for us to help each other. And dont get discouraged...I have a pal that lost 100lbs to join...and did!
    What branch were you thinking about?
  • gordonjr05
    Options
    Hi thanks again Jessica I haven't looked at any of them due to being embarrassed to walk into recruiter office because of my weight but I like water a lot so was considering going to see navy but I'm not sure everyone around me doesn't want me to do it and Congratulations on the 10 years
  • JessekaKing
    JessekaKing Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Dont be embarrased. The fact that you have the courage to sign up for the service of your nation in sketchy times like these says you have the heart to succeed no matter the branch.

I would suggest you go on the navy's recruiting page. You're able to chat with a recruiter, never seeing them...until you're ready.

I'm in the Air Force, so I'm not too sure about the navy...but if you have questions, I'm here!

And thank you! 10 yrs go by so fast when you're having fun ;)
  • gordonjr05
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement I was also considering the air force as well but I was told it really hard to join