What's been working

I started changing my eating and exercise habits four weeks ago. I've lost 13 pounds gross, ony 10 net :laugh: Since I purchased one of the electronic trackers (BodyMedia) I have been more successful. I like the coach telling me about what I am doing right and what I am doing wrong/or could do better. It is a daily incentive. I have a long way to go - 90 more pounds. But today I am going to start my day with a trip to the gym. Hope you will all join me there! Have a healthy day!

Replies

• toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    I started changing my eating and exercise habits four weeks ago. I've lost 13 pounds gross, ony 10 net :laugh: Since I purchased one of the electronic trackers (BodyMedia) I have been more successful. I like the coach telling me about what I am doing right and what I am doing wrong/or could do better. It is a daily incentive. I have a long way to go - 90 more pounds. But today I am going to start my day with a trip to the gym. Hope you will all join me there! Have a healthy day!

What do you mean by 13 pounds gross, 10 net? Are you talking about body fat?

Congratulations on committing to change. Today I went back to the gym after having suffered an injury over a year ago. I've never liked exercise and I'm a serial gym-membership-waster. But maybe I can change too.
  • rjily
    rjily Posts: 4
    13 gross 10 net means at one point I had lost 13 pounds but put three of it back - not exercising seemed to be the only difference in my routine. I learned quick!
  • rjily
    rjily Posts: 4
    Congrats on getting back to gym. I wasted a few memberships too. I have a linen dress I purchased 3 years ago on sale. I want to wear it for my anniversary in August. It is two sizes too small. I'm going to keep moving. How was your workout today?
  • I have over 100 lbs to lose to be within my proper BMI, but I have picked my goal at something I am happy with, which was 100 lbs less than my starting weight. Since I started about 4 weeks ago (seriously in the last 2.5 weeks) I am down 14 lbs! I found that logging everything, even the scraps I eat from leftover lunch from my little one, makes all the difference. In the last 3 weeks I discovered logging and meeting the 1,200 calorie goal and doing all the exercising to meet the calories the fitness pal suggests is exactly what I need. We have a gym membership, but going through separation anxiety with daughter so hard to get to, but when I do get to the gym I do the elliptical because i work harder than when we walk with the stroller. I love myfitnesspal and finding friends to watch their progress helps immensely!
    Also due to teething it has been a sleepless week so my husband turns to fast food, with myfitnespal and a few minutes of planning I was able to have McDonalds, TBell and Pizza Ranch Buffet this week and still stay within calorie goals each day.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Just keep eating less and moving more! Sounds like you are off to a great start!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Welcome to MFP. Fabulous beginning and look at you already got your tracking devices and ready to go. You should be proud of your early success and you will definitely wear that dress on your anniversary:flowerforyou:
  • dancinmama
    dancinmama Posts: 47 Member
    I have the Bodymedia tracker also...it works!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member

awesome! keep going!
  • jrunk85
    jrunk85 Posts: 2
    Eating more healthy and walking... a lot! Also trying to fit exercise into my everyday life. I track everything I eat and I use runtastic which automatically updates my calories burned to myfitnesspal. It is working so far...