i think i may have worked out my weight wrong

Options
i'm not very good with converting things. My scales show my weight in stones. so last time i went on it, it read = 10.10 stone
so .... 10 stone = 140 right?
so, will the ".10" be another 10 pounds, or ".10" of a stone?????

i'm totally confused and dont know how to change the scales to just pounds.

i just found a unit converter and entered 10.10 and it gave me 141.4.....
where i've been thinking i'm 150lbs...

i am so confused!!!!!!

Replies

• akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    If your scales shows in stones it will be stones and pounds the dot is just to seperate the two. I it was 10.1 it wouldn't put a zero on the end. So if it says 10.10 you are 150lbs
  • lesleybritton
    Options
    The easiest thing for you to do would be to simply use a calculator and multiply your weight in stones (exactly as you read it from the scale) by 14. This will give you your weight in pounds. (1 stone = 14 pounds)

So if the scale reads 10.10 stones, you would do 10.10*14 and you should get 141.4 pounds.

Hope this helps!
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    The easiest thing for you to do would be to simply use a calculator and multiply your weight in stones (exactly as you read it from the scale) by 14. This will give you your weight in pounds. (1 stone = 14 pounds)

So if the scale reads 10.10 stones, you would do 10.10*14 and you should get 141.4 pounds.

Hope this helps!

LMAO how to lose 8.4lbs in an instance wish that it were that simple
  • IndyHannah
    IndyHannah Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It is 10 stone 10 pounds (150 pounds). The unit converter will be giving you 10 stones and then a tenth of a stone. Which won't work cos it's 14lbs to a stone not 10 if that makes sense. When I unit convert I usually do each whole stone and add the extra pounds myself in my head. Hope this helps!!
  • dj_stevie_c
    Options
    I use this:

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/body_weight/weight_converter.htm

Does the job for most occasions.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    i'm not very good with converting things. My scales show my weight in stones. so last time i went on it, it read = 10.10 stone
    so .... 10 stone = 140 right?
    so, will the ".10" be another 10 pounds, or ".10" of a stone?????

i'm totally confused and dont know how to change the scales to just pounds.

i just found a unit converter and entered 10.10 and it gave me 141.4.....
    where i've been thinking i'm 150lbs...

10 stone 10lbs is 150lbs

(10 stone multiplied by 14 (14 lbs to the stone) = 140 lbs

140 + the remaining 10lbs = 150lbs
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

Hope this helps!

The scales are not weighing in fractions, just plain 10stone 10lbs and that equals 150lbs
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Maybe take a look at your scale. Mine has a switch where I can change it. My last scale had it on the bottom by the battery lid. This one took me a while to find it.... on the side almost under the top cover. I had one that was "programable" to tell you nearly anything you wanted to know... it went in the trash. TMI.
  • Emmea2729
    Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    oh good. so i have been doing it right!!! thanks guys