Words of advice? Kick in the *kitten*? Suck it up buttercup?

Options
Ok, I've been doing well with changing my eating habits lately. Food diary is open for those that want to view it.
I try to get in 30 min of moderate exercise 5days a week and two days....well, I'm a damn slug.
No, seriously, I don't even reach 5,000 steps. I have a Body Media which is awesome and helps keep me accountable and pushing myself more.
Since I've joined MFP and then got myself a BodyMedia, it has increased my motivation...

HOWEVER :grumble:
The past two days haven't been as clean as I like and today, well, the urge to BINGE has hit me. I want to eat until I cant stand the sight of food. I haven't been drinking enough water today either which contributes to this issue.
I want to sit and eat and eat and eat. I haven't felt like this in a long awhile.
You get the picture.

So, help? Tell me to suck it up buttercup? kick me in the *kitten*? Tell me to binge until I am blue in the face?

How do you deal on days like this?

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Not sure what you're asking for.

Just stop binging. Simple.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    If you absolutely can NOT stifle the urge to nom, reach for the celery or something equally healthy. Until then try to distract yourself...chew on your knuckles if you have to! Likewise, for sure, drink tons of water and do your best to eat filling meals.

Suck it up buttercup. You can beat this. c:
  • Barefoot115
    Barefoot115 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well... I say suck it up. When the urge to binge kicks in go put your shoes on and get outside and walk. Walk until you are tired and know you have tried your best. It is hard...we all struggle, but when you defeat that voice in your head that tries to sabotage your goals it is a powerful thing, and when you start seeing the change whether it be in fitting into your favorite jeans from years ago, or t completing your favorite exercise without feeling out of breath...it is worth it! You can do this. Let go of that inner evil voice, its just insecurity.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    If you absolutely can NOT stifle the urge to nom, reach for the celery or something equally healthy. Until then try to distract yourself...chew on your knuckles if you have to! Likewise, for sure, drink tons of water and do your best to eat filling meals.

Suck it up buttercup. You can beat this. c:

haha. See, I need funny. Your awesome! :flowerforyou:
    and I WILL beat this. 20 min past wanting to eat til I'm blue in the face and HAVENT eaten. yay!

:drinker: more water!
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Finding something to distract myself is what seems to work for me & and making sure that I eat all of my meals and snacks on time. I've figured out that I get the urge to binge when I am overly hungry, stressed or feeling deprived. Eating on schedule keeps me from feeling hungry most of the time & I make sure to make room for a treat each day so I do not feel deprived. I'm working on managing my stress, but as long as I am not feeling hungry or deprived I can usually fight the urge to binge.
  • pittbullgirl
    Options
    Well... I say suck it up. When the urge to binge kicks in go put your shoes on and get outside and walk. Walk until you are tired and know you have tried your best. It is hard...we all struggle, but when you defeat that voice in your head that tries to sabotage your goals it is a powerful thing, and when you start seeing the change whether it be in fitting into your favorite jeans from years ago, or t completing your favorite exercise without feeling out of breath...it is worth it! You can do this. Let go of that inner evil voice, its just insecurity.

Thank you for this! If I COULD go for a walk, I would. I'm on solo mommy duty ;) I understand what your saying and since before I posted this, I've been walking (pacing?) around the house :)
  • pittbullgirl
    Options
    Finding something to distract myself is what seems to work for me & and making sure that I eat all of my meals and snacks on time. I've figured out that I get the urge to binge when I am overly hungry, stressed or feeling deprived. Eating on schedule keeps me from feeling hungry most of the time & I make sure to make room for a treat each day so I do not feel deprived. I'm working on managing my stress, but as long as I am not feeling hungry or deprived I can usually fight the urge to binge.

YES Me too, its what's kept me from binging as long as I have. Realizing I have FEELINGS and I cant eat them away anymore was/is a difficult thing to learn.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Thank you for this! If I COULD go for a walk, I would. I'm on solo mommy duty ;) I understand what your saying and since before I posted this, I've been walking (pacing?) around the house :)

Not sure what you mean solo mommy duty. Not sure how late it is where you are or how old your kids are..but maybe they could go with you? I'm sure that beautiful pit would love to get out for a walk.

You could do things at home. Stretches, yoga, push ups, planks, etc. There are free workout stuff you could stream from youtube and Hulu
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Make a big protein shake... it will help fill u up n give you some of that hydration... Oh yeah, I'm not gonna take this anymore!! ----> " You're Worthless and weak now drop n give me 20!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9AbeALNVkk :bigsmile:
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am an emotional eater.. I could eat hundreds of calories of junk and end up ONLY FEELING WORSE! ...

Today I ate 440 calories worth of emotional calories and didn't feet any better.. when I got home from work I went on a 3 mile run (walk)... by time I got home I felt so much better!

I have several workout DVD's .. one has a 12 minute workout on it.. a few days ago I got the urge to binge and did that 12 minutes- when I was done the urge was gone!

It's hard.. we understand..

Put the fork down. :wink:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Download and log into Second Life, lol.
    That will keep you occupied for hours, maybe too many hours once you realise how much you can do there, and start creating your own virtual person/dog/doll/robot/alien/elf/fairy, looking at endless shops full of amazing virtual clothes and exploring interesting environments and meeting people from all over the world, in a virtual reality. It helps me, anyway. I just get lost dressing up my human virtual form and going to live, 'in world' concerts. (and you don't have to pay unless you decide to rent land, rent a home or get serious about virtual shopping as there are loads of ways to get free stuff).
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

my sister, who lost a ton of weight, exercised by marching/jogging thru the house for several when their treadmill died and she couldn't get outside. With four kids, full time job, and unsupportive hubby.

So that's your official *kitten*-kick for the day. :-)
  • pittbullgirl
    Options

Not sure what you mean solo mommy duty. Not sure how late it is where you are or how old your kids are..but maybe they could go with you? I'm sure that beautiful pit would love to get out for a walk.

You could do things at home. Stretches, yoga, push ups, planks, etc. There are free workout stuff you could stream from youtube and Hulu

My son is in bed, its almost 11pm here ;) Normally I do workout stuff but if I workout at night, I cant sleep.
    I've been randomly pacing my house. haha. Thanks so much!
    Also solo mommy duty= daddy isn't home to watch him while I do other things outside the home. :)
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I agree that I binge when I get overly hungry. I have to preplan my food and eat on schedule. Get your exercise on! :)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Man I know that feeling well. At 8:00 tonight I was wondering if it was too early to just go to bed to keep myself from snacking. Instead I started organizing my kitchen cabinets. Pretty soon I was throwing away stuff I wasn't eating anymore thinking "I don't need to even keep this crap on hand anymore." It went from a negative to a positive pretty quickly.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I allow myself the occasional cheat day which I prefer to call my IDGAF days.

Today is an example, and yes I'm bragging.

I went to my favorite BBQ joint and ordered the pork and beef combo with greens and sweet potato chips and washed it down with a beer. Then I ordered a 1/2 a rack of ribs and washed that down with another beer. Then my kids and wife wanted dessert so we ordered a big chocolate cake and a peanut butter pie. Oh and I washed THAT down with another beer. Then I took my very happy self home and napped on the couch for 4 hours. It's been a good day.

I've been off for a few days and will probably drag myself out for a run tomorrow and get back on track, or I'll wait until Monday. A couple days of over aren't going to make much of a difference in a sea of good days.
  • pittbullgirl
    Options
    Make a big protein shake... it will help fill u up n give you some of that hydration... Oh yeah, I'm not gonna take this anymore!! ----> " You're Worthless and weak now drop n give me 20!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9AbeALNVkk :bigsmile:

LOL!! I wanna ROCK!! :laugh:
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

30 DS is on youtube, maybe your kiddos would do some of the jumping jacks & squats with you? Other than that, once I start feeling the urge, I clean. With my girls & husband, there is ALWAYS something to clean... lol Or I'll fold some laundry, do some dishes or organize something. Seriously just getting up and doing something, anything helps me so much. You can do it! :-)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    When I fall off the horse, I mark it up as a bump in the road and get back on. Get over it.
  • pittbullgirl
    Options

my sister, who lost a ton of weight, exercised by marching/jogging thru the house for several when their treadmill died and she couldn't get outside. With four kids, full time job, and unsupportive hubby.

So that's your official *kitten*-kick for the day. :-)

AWESOME!!