Calorie % distribution

Options
How many % of your daily calorie intake do you allocate to carbs, protein, and fat?

Replies

• jennagoogles13
    Options
    My macros are set at 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Since you're on my friends list you can always look at mine, but my distribution is 35% C/30% P/35% F

I'm still usually over on carbs, but I did cut it back from the 40%, because I felt it was high.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I changed mine to 30/40/30 - carbs were a bit too high for me and upped my protein to 40
  • suziramsdell
    Options
    I'm a female, trying to lose about 30 pounds, and my personal trainer wants me to eat 100-110 grams of protein a day. But he didn't give me the entire breakdown. He wants me to eat 1900 calories a day then create a 500 calorie deficit through activity and exercise. What I didn't know was how the carbs and fats should break down. Through some recent research on the internet I found that to lose weight I needed to stick to 50-100 grams of carbs a day, which means the remainder would be fats. I am targeting 75 grams of carbs a day, and let me tell you, it is really hard. I usually end up around 100, which all in all, is still in the weight losing range. My problem is I love coffee creamer in my one cup of coffee a day and am trying not to do artificial sweeteners due to the chemicals. Or, having ketchup or bbq sauce on a plain hamburger patty at dinner. I'm going to have to find some viable alternatives because a little bit of fruit would be a much better carb alternative. Note: You will have to figure out the percentages yourself based on the number of calories you eat. 110 grams of protein = 440 calories. So do the math.