Needing ideas, support, and encouragement

Options
HELLO!!! I have tried my fitness pal in the past but of course had a hard time staying focused. I am now trying it again. I am 26 years old, 5'3, and weigh 270 lbs. This is the heaviest I have ever been in my life and boy oh boy does my body feel it. My knees hurt, my back hurts, and I have trouble catching my breath. I feel really down about myself and can't shake this feeling. I have had weight "issues" my whole life. Remembering being four years old and told by members of my family "Don't eat that you're going to get fat", "boys don't like fat girls", and when not eating the thought to be appropriate amount "you didn't eat anything". When I was in middle school I would go on binge eating sprees. In high school I just wouldn't eat and exercise until I once passed out for a few hours. The only time that I was successful at weight loss was weight watchers (but who can afford that?). I am now going to try this again with hopes to meet people who are just like me that will support, encourage, and help me through this journey.

Replies

• sharan_v_garry
    sharan_v_garry Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is a good start myfitnesspal. When you track your meals. A person learns so much about the nutrients and calories, carbs and sugar takrn in. I have been on this program for a months and will weigh in on July 1.. I am at the point now where I do not feel hungry all the time. I need to add more exercise. Good luck to you.. Please email me at any time.
  • MissKnittyKitty90
    Options
    I am also here for you, feel free to add me!
    And something I still do even though I don't use weight watchers is look for the non-member weight watchers recipe sites and use those... great ideas with a HUGE group of people, and all the nutrition info is usually listed!
  • curtissoph
    curtissoph Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add! I'm starting at the beginning as well- I'm sick of struggling to do basic things like climb a flight of stairs :/
  • MichelleMac58
    MichelleMac58 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey...add me for support encouragement...we are all in this together...at least you are young enough to enjoy the benefits of weight loss..I'll be 60 before I am finished at the rate I'm going !!..Lol
  • dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 43, but I started the first of May right about where you are. I was 268!! I was tired all the time, and EVERYTHING hurt. I could not walk a block without huffing and puffing! I am now at 243, and I feel SO much better! My ultimate goal is around 145, so I have quite a ways to go, but just dropping this 25 pounds has given me the courage and drive to keep going! Add me if you like! Together, we can keep the motivation going!!
  • daizyayala92
    Options
    as long as you continue to check in and count calories with the foods you eat you will be fine. i am 21 years old and i weigh about 230.