30 Day Shred It exercise dvd

Options
today was day 1 of the Shred It dvd - and i admit, it was skeptical that level one would be hard...
but, after reading a couple posts about it, i decided to stick with level 1. after all, i can always move up tomorrow. i decided to get 5 pound and 8 pound weights. i have been lifting for over 4 weeks consistently, and used to lift weights as part of my routine (before the weight came on).

well....

IT WAS CHALLENGING!!!!!!! i changed the 5 pound weights for 3 pounds weights for the shoulder exercises. but wish i had heavier weights for the biceps and chest. otherwise, the ab part was solid for a beginner, and the pushups is what was hardest for me. i HATE pushups. carduio was not hard - but she kept it mixed up. just when i was sick of jumping jacks, she changed it up. i really enjoyed the video!

has anyone done this for 30 days straight? any results? i plan to stick to this website for eating, and not following her diet.

are her other videos like this one? like the biggest loser series??

Replies

• psuastro97
    psuastro97 Posts: 125
    Options
    today was day 1 of the Shred It dvd - and i admit, it was skeptical that level one would be hard...
    but, after reading a couple posts about it, i decided to stick with level 1. after all, i can always move up tomorrow. i decided to get 5 pound and 8 pound weights. i have been lifting for over 4 weeks consistently, and used to lift weights as part of my routine (before the weight came on).

well....

IT WAS CHALLENGING!!!!!!! i changed the 5 pound weights for 3 pounds weights for the shoulder exercises. but wish i had heavier weights for the biceps and chest. otherwise, the ab part was solid for a beginner, and the pushups is what was hardest for me. i HATE pushups. carduio was not hard - but she kept it mixed up. just when i was sick of jumping jacks, she changed it up. i really enjoyed the video!

has anyone done this for 30 days straight? any results? i plan to stick to this website for eating, and not following her diet.

are her other videos like this one? like the biggest loser series??
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about this shred dvd. Where did you get it? I have the biggest loser cardio max. I just did it and burned 444cals in 55 mins. I also have the biggest loser workout dvd, it is a good one as well. From Jillian I have the kickboxing workout, I found it at Ross for $5.99 You can find a lot of videos there at that price. The kickboxing workout is good but I find it short. I tend to mix it with something else if I want to burn more calories or workout longer. What is the philosophy of the shred workout? You do the same thing everyday for 30 days? Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jamariqui
    Jamariqui Posts: 43
    Options
    Is it 30 days straight with no days off? I think the levels change right? But you probably won't lose the 20lbs she says unless you do her diet with the workout.
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about that dvd also. It was in my new Fitness magazine this month as one of the best dvd. I would like to try it Where did you get it ?:drinker: :drinker:
  • jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options
    I bought my Shred dvd on amazon for 8.99. I've been doing it for about 3 weeks now and have dropped from a 12 to a 10. I combine it with the treadmill or her cardio kickbox. I usually burn around 650 calories in 45 to 50 minutes. Keep doing it...it will work!:flowerforyou:
  • psuastro97
    psuastro97 Posts: 125
    Options
    wow - so glad to hear it really works!!!!

i got mine off of ebay. including shipping, it was $16.00.

there are 3 levels. i started on level 1. each level is set up the same, but i assume with different exercises, to challenge that level. she has this philosophy of 3-2-1 routine (3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, 1 minute of abs) and you do 3 sets of that. so just when you get sick of jumping jacks, you're onto the next move. i like it because i can fit exercise in easily before work - it takes a total of 24 minutes (2 minute cool down adn 2 minute warmup). but on days whwen i have more time, i hope to combine it with the treadmill...and then keep lifting.

it does say to do this every day for 30 days to see results - and i agree with Jamariqui that you probably have to follow her diet plan to lose 20 pounds in 30 days. i am not doing her diet plan - using this site/plan instead. but i do like the dvd alot! well, as much as you can the first day! she says you'll feel stronger and have more endurance by day 7. i figure i'll do level 1 for a week and then jump up to level 2....