Going it alone is hard, any support out there?

Options
Hey, so this time I'm going at the whole weight loss/ healthy lifestyle thing more seriously than I ever have before... I even changed my homepage to My Fitness Pal. I'm that serious.

I'm a student in my final year at university, and I feel that I'm in this really sucky phase where I have lost all my school friends due to the different directions we've gone in, but I haven't made any new friends at university. I also recently moved out of my flat and am living alone for the first time in my life, which I'm finding incredibly isolating. Not to mention reallly boring.

So if there's anyone out there in need of a friend, I think I'd make a half decent one!

Replies

• dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    welcome there is alot of people out there that would make good friends just sometimes easier that way since your own friends will say you dont need to lose the weight and such

we are here for you add any of us if you want

good luck in your journery and school
  • AngelChini
    AngelChini Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Aww glad to know that you are serious about weight loss! I am sorry to hear about the things that are happening to you. I would love to give you support and help you become a stronger person and also entertain you aha. I hope everything gets better for you(:
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Friend request sent. If I can be of any help, let me know. We're all in this together.
  • Naveedess
    Naveedess Posts: 2
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I just started a week ago... most of my friends are thin/fit and I definitely am NOT yet lol Sometimes I feel like they don't understand what it's like to go clothes shopping when you can only wear plus sizes, and have to special order your bras even at Lane Bryant (A plus sized women's store). Kinda sucky, and expensive.

I recently spent over a year by myself in my own apartment and although it was somewhat liberating, I was also VERY isolated. I am a recovering alcoholic and I have been sober ALMOST 2 years already! I quit drinking. I quit smoking cigarettes, and I quit self-harming. (All of those things have been over two years free of! !! KICKASS!!)

I am very private about these things in the real world but I have found that MANY of these habits go hand-in-hand in the psychology of it all and they are quite similar. On the internet or via text messaging I am much more open about this stuff so as to help support someone who may have the same issues. I am extremely positive and supportive .. if you would like a friend I am more than happy to help! I only have two friends on MFP so far, hopefully will find many more!

Enough about me, anyway! Feel free to tell me more about yourself, and anyone else who would like more friends, give me an add as well.

Much <3,

Sarah
  • serioustuff
    Options
    friend request sent - cant wait to see your jouney xxx
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I just started a week ago... most of my friends are thin/fit and I definitely am NOT yet lol Sometimes I feel like they don't understand what it's like to go clothes shopping when you can only wear plus sizes, and have to special order your bras even at Lane Bryant (A plus sized women's store). Kinda sucky, and expensive.

I recently spent over a year by myself in my own apartment and although it was somewhat liberating, I was also VERY isolated. I am a recovering alcoholic and I have been sober ALMOST 2 years already! I quit drinking. I quit smoking cigarettes, and I quit self-harming. (All of those things have been over two years free of! !! KICKASS!!)

I am very private about these things in the real world but I have found that MANY of these habits go hand-in-hand in the psychology of it all and they are quite similar. On the internet or via text messaging I am much more open about this stuff so as to help support someone who may have the same issues. I am extremely positive and supportive .. if you would like a friend I am more than happy to help! I only have two friends on MFP so far, hopefully will find many more!

Enough about me, anyway! Feel free to tell me more about yourself, and anyone else who would like more friends, give me an add as well.

Much <3,

Sarah

^^^^ And this deserves a lot of support too. Well done Sarah. Friend request sent as well.
  • doompop
    doompop Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Friend-ing you immediately. I'm in my twenties myself, just finished my 2nd year of grad school. My first year was especially tough and while this last year has been pretty good, I was not able to undo the damage I caused the year before.

Please don't hesitate to friend me, any or all of you. I'm here for the accountability I lost when starting to live alone, and you help you back however I can.