Wii fit...

Options
Just wondering if anyone uses a Wii fit to do exercise.. If so, does it work?? And what do you find burns the most?

Replies

• Celuwen
    Celuwen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    When I first started exercising, I found the Wii Fit very useful and it worked perfectly for my needs. As I've become more fit I need to supplement it with other exercise, but it's still a useful tool which I use regularly. I'm not sure what burns the most as I find the numbers that they give you are a bit generous. :)
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I use to use it to supplement my workout when I was bigger. Mostly it just helped me get off my butt and not be so much a couch potato :) I found the EA active game quite good....the biggest loser one was pretty intense too :)
  • NadineSabbagh
    NadineSabbagh Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I used it when I was just starting out with exercising and it was great for the goals I had back then. I was new to exercise, so although the Wii Fit isn't incredibly strenuous, I still found that my heart rate was up and I was breaking a sweat. I found that the jogging, hula hoop and step class were the ones that were more of a workout, but I did find that I had to put my all into it for it to be effective. I don't use it much anymore now that I train at the gym (that's probably more to do with the fact that it takes me ages to set the Wii up and I can't be bothered!! :p ) but I'd definitely still use it in addition to my other exercise, because its such a fun way to keep active, even though it's not high intensity.
  • ashleigh0608
    Options
    Well today is my second day on MFP and I'm trying to get myself into the routine of exercise. I've been walking/jogging my dog for 30 mins every morning and burning around 200cals... I just wondered if Wii fit would be a good kick start as I can't afford to go to the gym at the moment. I suppose it won't hurt to try it out and get me used to moving instead of sitting down eating all day! Thanks girls
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Good for yoga-type stuff :)
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I used it at the beginning of my weight loss and I still use it as a scale/weight record today!
  • sarajcurrie
    Options
    I wanted to ease myself into exercise gently and when I can get to it (kids takeover) then I do enjoy the workouts because it's just fun and does not feel like exercise.
    628462 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wii active 2 is kicking my butt at the moment but I just started...
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    I have a wii, basically to get me off my butt and stop me sitting at the pc so long.