Please recommend a fun at home workout!

Options
I have done 120 days of p90x and LOVED it:love: ...had great results! I have done a few weeks of Insanity (didnt care for it:noway: ) too hardcore for me. I am kind of burned out on p90x, and are currently just going to the gym. (boring:yawn: )

I am looking for a complete workout that I can do at home that has toning and cardio, something fun, but that will give me good results!
Any Suggestions??

Replies

• sexyskinny1
    Options
    I love Jillian's 30 day shred because it combines strength training and cardio and the best part is that it is only 20 minutes but you get a full workout!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Try the Wii game system with the Wii Active games. They have cardio and strength training and you can work at what ever level you want. It can get pretty intense at the higher levels. Way, way harder than the Wii Fit games, and you can use the basic games for some fun, like baseball, bowling, etc to keep you moving but having fun.
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Do you have cable tv? If so, they have some workout programs on their exercise channel..... it will give you a variety and let you know which one you prefer...
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Chalean Extreme. Or Turbo fire, they are both beachbody programs :)
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo Elite 1, 2, 3 are great!
  • trixygirl
    Options
    Turbo Jam, hands down!!! It's awesome. I've lost 30 lbs since mid May using it! You can order it here www.beachbodycoach.com/trixygirl. It is very fun. I just started doing it high impact about 4 weeks ago and still got the results I needed. 35 lbs to go!!!
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i use a site on the internet that has some free at home work outs

http://www.women-workout-routines.com/free-workout-routines.html

its really good really works up a sweat.

i love it 20 minute workouts so i do three all aimed at different parts of the body.

hope ya find this helpful
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Carmen Electra's Fit to strip Dvd and Jillian Michael's Kickboxing. Both are fun, challenging, and go by pretty quick.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I have done a few weeks of Insanity (didnt care for it:noway: ) too hardcore for me.

What?!?! Insanity is awesome!!! LOL

Have you tried hip hop abs? I only done it a few times before I received Insanity and it's fun. Sometimes I use my own music mix cd and follow the beats to that but than I end up dancing.

There's an idea just dance for about 30 - 45 mins lol Dancing is always fun!
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    www.cathe.com

If you liked PX90 you may like Cathes STS series. iIts a 3 month rotation, 4 weeks endurance, 4 weeks hyptrophy, and 4 weeks strength training. Its very tough! Oh, just re-read your post, STS may not be what you are looking for right now!

Kelly Coffey Meyer has some fun workouts. They are short, but have lots of pre-mixes so you can make the workouts longer if you like. www.coffeyfit.com

For really fun but tough cardio my fav is Amy Bento. Great music and interesting choreography www.nrgfitness.net
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    My favorites are 30 Day Shred, Wii Fit, most of the pilates DVDs and my current most favorite is Leslie Sansone's Walk Your Belly Flat. I get bored easy so I like to switch it up so I don't lose interest.
  • rockinmomto3
    rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I really like Turbo Jam. It's fun, and REALLY effective!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I love home dvds!!! Congrats on your results, p90x is a great program. Too bad about insanity, i thought it was great but it is super hardcore!!!

Voting for 30 day shred, especially when combined with Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones, or the uber-fun Turbo Fire. Brazilian butt lift is great but it's mainly lower body (though sculpt is excellent). I heard Shaun T's hip hop abs is fun, but haven't done it. In general I have found you can't go wrong with beachbody or Jillian Michaels.:smile:
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You can check with your coach too and see what suggestions he/she may have. As I coach myself, I am trying to keep my customers with heads up on what they can move on to next!! :happy:

If you want weights and cardio: Chalean Extreme is fun and different.

If you just want cardio, Turbo Fire. I less Intense than Insanity but challenging.

I did the complete 60 days of Insanity and got good results on endurance and ripped core area.

Good luck!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I am thinking Chalean extreme or Jillian 30 day shred. I may check out the exercise tv and do a few to see what I like!
    Insanity was just INSANE!:noway: I felt great afterwards, but I found myself dreading at the start then I would just talk myself out of it! LOL! I am a chicken **** I guess!

I really like the beachbody series, so I think I will start there!
    Thanks!!
  • LittleBitz
    Options
    Hi!
    Have you looked at the other Beachbody programs that are offered? The one we're currently doing is Turbo Jam and it's a blast!! It's a mix of dancing and kickboxing and the instructor is a lot of fun! I would strongly suggest it if you're looking for something more interesting to do!
    Also, are you signed up with Beachbody? My sister and I are coaches with Beachbody so we've been able to find a lot about what they have to offer! We're really enjoying it too!

http://teambeachbody.com/slimsisters
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of 30 day shred because each workout is so short (20ish mins) so I can talk myself into getting through it since I know it will be over really fast, also 30day shred is budget friendly (less than $10 at walmart or amazon). I also know Turbo Jam has a huge following, I've never tried it but since you liked p90x you'd probably like other beachbody programs like TJ. I've read that you can buy it for cheaper on ebay.
  • SaveTheDrama
    Options
    Crunch fat burning pilates with Ellen Barret, I have had alot of success with this video, its fun and I have really noticed my body is getting slimmer and leaner. and Body and Soul Yoga with Denise Austin. I also like the 30 day shred and I want to start the p90X program also.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Exercise tv on Comcast has the 1st level of the shred on there right now. I did buy the dvd, but I find it terribly boring. I'm not a fan of the same thing over and over. But I do think it's an ok workout to add in here and there.

I too tried Insanity and am not a fan. It's not that I can't do it, because I can. I don't mind pushing myself to max exertion either. It's not that. It's that STAYING at that level of intensity for so long is a real drag, and I just dread it. Exercise shouldn't feel like torture. It should be challenging, because that's how you see change. But it shouldn't make you feel miserable. That does nothing for your mental state.

I also have hip hop abs, and I am not a big fan of those either. I think as a p90x grad, they will just be too low key for you. I think they are probably great for someone at a lower fitness level. Just not challenging enough IMO.

I have been intrigued by Turbo Fire, Chalean, and Brazilian Butt lift. But... I don't think I am into spending any more money right now, LOL.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options

I too tried Insanity and am not a fan. It's not that I can't do it, because I can. I don't mind pushing myself to max exertion either. It's not that. It's that STAYING at that level of intensity for so long is a real drag, and I just dread it. Exercise shouldn't feel like torture. It should be challenging, because that's how you see change. But it shouldn't make you feel miserable. That does nothing for your mental state.

I sooo agree with this! That is why I didnt like it. I want to feel accomplished during a workout not beat up! :sad: LOL!