what keeps you motivated?

Options
Hi,

I love checking out others success stories, they are very motivational and keep me going. However, at times I wish I could fast forward to the time when I am ready to post my before and after pictures. I know this is going to be a long journey and I am in it for the long haul..still cant help being inpatient! What keeps you motivated?

Replies

• JessekaKing
    JessekaKing Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My career (military), my family (all obese and riddled w/health issues), and my future (no kids yet, but getting there!)

What about you?
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I'm vain.

Skinny clothes :wink:
  • steffie36
    steffie36 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's as simple as knowing that when i get there, i'll feel so good about myself. So happy with how i look and knowing that i don't have to worry about not fitting into my fav jeans, or not being able to squeeze between the table and the wall and knowing that my boyfriend will be able to pick me up, with no effort what-so-ever.

I don't like weighing so much. Just think about how good it will feel to be skinny.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a lot to lose but I am well into middle age and just didn't want to risk the health issues extra weight brings. That and I never wanted to be one of those big-gut old men. I want to be active as long as I can and carting around weight is not going to help.
  • jennimc13
    jennimc13 Posts: 37
    Options
    My 8 year old son keeps me motivated, he wants mummy to look better and be fitter. He is right behind me all the way, cheering each little success, counting my crounches and lounges, uping the resistance on my bike, encouraging me to keep going, He is my own little personal trainer.
  • vasp65
    vasp65 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi jennimc13,
    Focus on the process, it’s a self development one, focus on getting the necessary discipline to exercise regularly and to diet, if you win the discipline battle, results will come naturally. Impatience is the worst enemy. Give time to your body to adjust and to yourself. Forget I want it quick, it might be a way no never get it.
  • jennimc13
    jennimc13 Posts: 37
    Options
    I know you are right, I am settled in for the long journey, ready for the ups and downs, prepared to celebrate each little success until I reach my ultimate goal. My mind set is changing and self discpline increasing :) thank you
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Compliments like "do you work out? I can tell by your definition in your arms!" Or "I have seen u really transform! It's inspirational to me and I want to do the same!" What else motivates me is shallow but how I look... I hate the jiggle the cellulite the bloated belly look so that keeps me going. How I feel as far as energy endurance and confidence are big motivators too! I feel better so I am in a much better mood which impacts my whole life! My family most of all! At my heaviest I was miserable inside and out and I wasn't easy to live with. I never want to go back! I don't even want to gain 10 lbs back! So when I have a bad day or a few bad days and I see the scale up I get right back on it!! Best wishes! Anyone can do this!
  • bunny92441
    bunny92441 Posts: 42
    Options
    Seeing the weight on the scale go down is my motivation.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Vain Reason

-Wanting to be the pretty sister just once
    -My wedding dress
    -My fit fiance
    -Skinny Jeans
    -Bikinis
    -Not hating tagged photos of my on facebook

Not -S0 -Vain Reasons

-To overcome being born with two collapsed lungs and holes in them to this day saying I could never run, I am a runner.
    -To put more life into my years (not worries about more years into my life)
    -To one day be a fit mom
    -To just FEEL good.
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Just got the role of Cora in Calendar Girls, hitting the boards next February. I want people to see less of me when they see all of me!
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    My motivation is never going back to looking how i use to look. Being extremely overweight most of my life, and the mental and physical issue that still scar me today. I never want to go though it again.
  • holliddd
    holliddd Posts: 28
    Options
    My kids. I want them to see me working out and eating right so they do the same and don't have to struggle with their weight and go through all the crap that goes with it. Also I want to be there for them for a long time so I want to stay healthy and fit so I can. Then there is the vain reasons that i want to be that mom that turns heads:wink:
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    What motivates me is to continue to feel the way I feel now. My mind set now has less depression and tons of great feelings that motivate me to keep fighting to eat healthy and workout. The feelings are that I am stronger, faster, capable, happy, and more confident. :smile:
  • XxDeadlyDesirexX
    XxDeadlyDesirexX Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My motivation to lose weight is my family and my health. in 2011 i was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome and i was told if i dont lose weight i would not be able to get a child which is really tearing me apart knowing that i have been 3years married and my husband is looking forward to a baby...
  • GAsoulstar
    GAsoulstar Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    What keeps me motivated is? The importance of feeling better and knowing that there is going to be a good outcome (Healthier Lifestyle). I will have more energy and be able to do the things I couldn't do before. Having and awesome support system around you (My FAMILY, and dearest FRIENDS). The growth factor is very important to me, just knowing that I'm doing something for me and believing in myself. The challenge of doing something that will help me in the long run.:bigsmile:
  • keely1998
    keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    my family and my health, I have the people at my job helping me to, we r all:smile: trying to lose weight so we r all looking out 4 each other
  • Pvestin
    Pvestin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I learned awhile ago that motivation is an emotion that comes and goes much like happiness, sadness, excitement etc. I want all of the other things, looking good, fitness, clothes fit, health etc. But the drive to say no to another helping or yes to another mile can quickly loose its appeal on a day to day basis.

With that in mind I create situations so that even when the internal motivation wanes there is something else that drives me. Right now it is motivation to complete a Tough Mudder in September.(10+ mile obstacle course) I am the only female in a team of 6. Some of the guys are extremely fit and could complete the mudder tomorrow no problem, some are working on it. I WILL NOT be the one who holds my team back. Also to make it easier on myself, there needs to be less of me to haul over the obstacles.

The event is far enough away that much of what I had to change will become a habit, but I know I will have to find something else to keep me going when this is done.
  • Tubatubatoaslimmerme
    Options
    My holiday in 4 weeks time woooohooo :)
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Motivation isn't it - it's discipline.

Up at 0430, out by 0500, start hiking at 0600, arrive 0700. Leave work at 1500, hike until 1600, go home.

Monday, Wednesday, Saturday at gym days. Saturday is also yardwork day.

Record all food.